Chapter 26

It was a long flight ahead of me, 12 hours if I heard correctly.

For the first 3 hours I somehow managed to sleep. Then a small turbulence woke me up. Couldn't fall back asleep so I took the stolen phone from my rucksack.

I was so freaking happy when I also found some old earphones. I plugged them in and went to search for music.

You know that weird mood when you really want to listen to some music but then you just can't find the right song? Yeah that was me for about half an hour.

Then, after a few breakdowns, I finally found a song. Okay, not gonna lie, I just clicked on random one, since I couldn't decide.

I regretted my decision immediately since it was The one that got away by Katy Perry. Don't get me wrong, this song is a masterpiece but it also had a superpower of braking my heart in pieces. Not fun.

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were
The one that got away

I couldn't help but think about that one person while listening to the song.

It's funny how a person can come into your life just for a moment yet you spend years if not even a lifetime thinking of them.

I didn't even realised it when a few tears dropped from my eyes until one of them landed on the phone screen.

Pathetic. Crying over a man who tried to kill me half of the time we spent together.

But then again. When my eyes met his for the first time, my heart already belonged to him. Stupid heart. I had no choice. No questions asked.

He was the plot twist in my life.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone tapped my shoulder.

I immediately turned to see who it was.

"Are you okay miss?" the flying attendant asked with compassion.

I quickly dried my cheeks and smiled. "Yeah just homesick." I lied.

Or did I?

I can't even explain how that felt. It was such a great and calming feeling.

His hug felt like home.

Shit. I need to get him out of my head. Out of my heart.

"Could I get a glass of water please?" I asked as I tried to swallow down the hard feeling in my chest.

"Of course. I'll be right back."

I smiled shortly as I randomly looked on my left. There was a man staring at me.

For a while I tried to ignore it but he kept looking at me even when I drank the glass of water. And I swear that I saw him take a photo of me at some point.

"Can I help you sir?!" I snapped suddenly since it was getting creepy and annoying.

He turned all red as people sitting near by all turned around to see what was happening.

"Let me repeat my question. Can I help you sir?!"

"N..not ... I..I was j..just..." he stuttered not really explaining the point of his behaviour.

I looked on his right. There was a young girl sitting next to him, looking even more scared than he was. But surprisingly she spoke up.

"I saw you on TV before my favourite cartoon started yesterday and I told daddy and he said he recognised you as well and that you are probably famous. So I made him take a picture of you to show my friends." she explained.