Chapter 55

I nervously looked at Steve. "It's Tony." I almost whispered quickly just as if I was scared that he could hear me.

"Wait ... please tell me that he can't track your phone.." he sighed as if he already knew the answer.

"Well ... I mean ... technically ..." I nervously mumbled with much higher voice than my usual one.

Before I could fully answer, Sam grabbed my phone, threw it on the ground and literally jumped on it until it broke.

My yaw dropped. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!" I yelled at him as I kneeled down next to, what used to be a phone. "I had my photos of Snickers on here!" I cried as I picked up the remaining pieces with my shaking fingers.

Sam narrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "You are seriously upset about some lost photos of a chocolate bar!? Girl we could get caught because of you!"

"Snickers is a cat name." I said offended and glared at him.

I put all the broken phone pieces into my pocket. Maybe my genius brother will be able to repair it, one day, when I'm not running away from him.

"I didn't know you have a cat." said Bucky interested, just as he was extremely happy to learn something new about me.

"He's dead." I replied before he could get more excited about it.

"Well this is awkward." mumbled Sam, rubbed his forehead and took a phone from his pocket. "I'm going to make a call." he said before walking out of the room.

"Yes do it before I split your phone in a half with using your head!" I yelled after him.

Bucky looked at me with raised eyebrows, just as if he was shocked. Steve, however, just shook his head. He was already used to the communication that me and Sam had.

I bit the inside of my cheek as an awkward silence fell on the room once again.

Steve looked at me, then at Bucky and repeated that a few times. "I will just ..." he stuttered as he tried to think of something, "... go to check on Sam." he said, pointing at the door as he walked out of the room backwards.

Now it was only me and Bucky left.

One half of me was happy that Steve and Sam left since that meant I finally got some alone time with Bucky.

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND.

The other side of me was creeping of nervousness for the exact same reason.

"How've you been?" Bucky tried to start a conversation, put his hands in his pockets nervously and leaned his back against the wall.

I looked at the opened door. I pinched myself as a thought of simply running away crossed my mind. I know, it was a stupid idea, but running away was one of the things I was best at. Definitely not one of my great qualities though.

"I've been ... busy." I said and crossed my arms nervously. What a stupid response...
"Firstly I cried, then had a deep talk with a robot, then I trained, joined the Avengers, almost got killed on my first mission, then was forced to retire and now I'm here." I quickly summed up what happened since we were apart.

Bucky nodded as he was trying to process everything that I just said and frowned his forehead. "Cried? Why?"

I rolled my eyes before closing them and let out a shaky breath. "You better be kidding me right now ..." I mumbled.

He shook his head just as if he seriously had no clue.

"You will never know how much I cried the day you told me to leave. You broke me Buck." I said a bit quietly as I looked into his eyes that were already glazed on mine.

By the look on his face I could tell that he regretted it. He was sorry that he told me to leave that day. "I didn't mean to ... you know that after what happened..."

"What happened that night was not your fault." I interrupted him as I anxiously put a strand of hair behind my ear.

No matter how hard I tried, the thought of that night always made me feel anxious, which is why I tried really hard to just forget it, put it behind me.

Bucky took a deep breath as he slightly pushed himself off the wall and walked towards me. Then he pulled me into a tight hug.

Immediately I forgot about everything that was going on and everything that happened. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling that I only got when I felt Bucky next to me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have make you leave like this. You were right. I need you. The moment you left, I felt broken again. You are the only one that can fix me." he whispered into my ear and then moved just a little away so he was able to rest his forehead on mine.

I stared into his sparkly steel blue eyes and bit my bottom lip before I spoke again. "You know ... we could make it work. There is no one else ..."

I got interrupted by a knock on the door frame. It happened so suddenly that we immediately stepped away from eachother, just as if we were high-schoolers who got caught by a parent.

Steve looked at me with apologising look and then at both of us. "We gotta go. Sam's already waiting by the car. We got two stops before hitting the airport." he explained.

I nodded. I didn't know what was he talking about since I was busy being mad at him for destroying mine and Bucky's special reunion moment.

Bucky gently put his arm around my waist to make me start walking.

"I can't believe that it's finally me and you, and you and me just us, and your friend Steve do-do-do-do-do-do, Steve do-do-do-do-do-do, leave what's the deal with your friend Steve ..." I sang quietly as we walked out of the building.

Steve shook his head as he laughed shortly. He knew exactly what he did and that I will never let him forget it and most definitely never forgive it.

Bucky chuckled slightly and rubbed my back with his thumb almost unnoticeably.

"Since everyone else is too nice to tell you and you already hate me anyway, let me just inform you that you've got a horrible singing voice." said Sam, leaning on the car and smirking annoyingly.

I opened my mouth extremely offended. Firstly I looked at Steve, just to see if he agreed with Sam.

He was definitely suspicious since he left quickly to sit in the car.

I gasped even more offended than I was before.

Bucky smiled slightly before he pressed a soft kiss on my head. "I think it's unique and beautiful." he said before letting go to open the car door for me.

I looked at him with cute puppy eyes since he was being so sweet and adorable. Then I sat down and he even closed the door for me before walking to the other side.

I was trying not to smile like an idiot as I noticed Steve looking at me in the front mirror.

"Shut up." I mumbled before he could say anything and twirled my hair around my fingers.

"Seriously dude, what do you see on her ..." laughed Sam, shaking his head at Bucky before he sat down on the front seat.

The car was small and all of those man were huge. And I wasn't that tiny either (at least that's what I kept telling myself since being the shortest kid in 5th grade) (I also grew since then so I really wasn't that small) (Anyway)

Bucky didn't reply to Sam. He just sat into the car and gave me a deep meaningful look. Look full of love.