The Heart of Centreville

Ronnie and Zoe drove silently through the streets of Centreville.

They fell into a comfortable silence shortly after setting off. As Ronnie carefully navigated the streets Zoe stared out the window taking in her town, now a rotting carcass of what it used to be a hollow shell of the town she loved and once called home.

She observed people she once passed on the street, people who contributed to her life in tiny ways subconsciously every day, all now slowly hobbling through the streets the light gone from in their eyes and lives brutally cut short. She mourned her town.

She glanced at Ronnie who was silently driving trying to navigate the quietest route to avoid any large groups.

She studied his features his charming good looks and well-defined face, his side profile was perfect with his well-built nose and jawline. She tried to count all the freckles and beauty marks on his face she got to eighteen when his nose twitched as his glasses slightly slipped down, she couldn't help but lightly giggle as she thought it was like her admiring gaze had become tangible and caressed his face disturbing his glasses as she lovingly mapped out every part of his face.

Then her favourite feature came into view his shining hazel eyes.

They locked onto her own. She never truly appreciated how much life there was in them till now as they shone with green and brown hues as the light changed them it was almost like she could see his caring soul and heart shining through them. She decided then and there she had to do all in her power to not lose them, she couldn't.

"You're staring at me?" She heard Ronnie's deep voice.

"Do you mind?" she giggled back still memorising his features wondering how she actually managed to get him, how did nobody else see his beauty and steal him away? Did he look at her like this?. She suddenly felt a lot of anxiety, she didn't feel worthy.

"Depends on why your staring" he lightly chuckled. If she wasn't paying so much attention to each little detail on his face she may have not noticed the tint of red that was now shining through on his cheeks and ears.

"Oh my gosh" she giggled back she couldn't help it, she didn't want him to take it as her belittling him but she was so enamoured by him and the fact that he was blushing under her stare was adorable.

She never dreamed that she could make this beautiful man flustered and blush by just looking at him. He gave her a quizzed look as if to ask what.

"Are you shy?" She asked as his face scrunched up like an angry child.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Aww Ronnie, I'm sorry" Zoe giggled. Ronnie smirked too before hiding it to pout. "I'm only shy when someone is looking at me like they want to eat me when I'm surrounded by the undead!" he retorted failing to hide his smile at the end. "Ok, ok I guess your right" Zoe held up her hands in surrender. Ronnie glanced over and raised an eyebrow. "Your right in the terms of I do wanna eat you".