Chapter 17: The Day Before the Battle for Shiganshina

I know this is super super late but school has been a real pain lately and I haven't had a lot of time to write so sorry about that :(

Third person view

The sun shined again over the land, tomorrow would be the day that the scouts would head out to recapture wall María and take on Reiner and Bertholdt.

Naruto softly stirred as the sun shined on his face. His eyes slowly opened and He sat up on his bed and yawned but a few seconds after his head was flooded with thoughts.

"What about the rest of them???"he thought to himself

"Even if we take down Reiner and Bertholdt....that doesn't change the fact that the whole world is against this island and its people."he thought as he payed back down and put his hands behind his head which cushioned it.

"Maybe it's time that Annie should tell everyone about the outside world...actually...now that I think about it she should've told them a while back or would it had been too much for them to take in??"he thought

He then turned his head as he heard someone else softly wake up. As he did turn his head both of their blue eyes met and for a moment they just stared.

"Why the hell are you staring at me???"Annie exclaimed as she turned her hard to the other side in embarrassment.

"Well first off good morning, second I literally just woke up like a minute ago."Naruto explained calmly

"Oh..."

There was a few moments of silence as both were lost in their own thoughts just staring at the ceiling.

"Annie."

"Yea."

"I-I think it may be time..."

"Time for what?"

"To tell the rest of them about how...beyond those walls...the real enemy is out there."

Annie stayed quiet for a bit just staring at the ceiling before taking a deep breath.

"*sigh*I was planning on doing it after we take back the wall."

Naruto fully turned his head in her direction with a slightly irritated look.

"Annie...I just feel that it's time."He said

"I don't care whether you feel like or not, I'm telling them after we take back the wall."Annie said firmly

"Well then I'll tell them myself."He said firmly back as he turned his head back to facing the ceiling but he closed his eyes.

Annie turned her head to look at him and gave him an irritated look.

"Are you serious???"

"Very."he said still closing his eyes

Annie's face turned back to her nonchalant and she turned her head back to the ceiling.

"Fine then."she said in an I don't care tone

Naruto was a bit confused and expected that she would to try to beat him to shut up.

"I thought...you would try to force me to keep my mouth shut."he said looking at her with a confused face.

"No...I don't want to force someone quiet...again..."she said as her facial expression turned to a face of sadness and guilt as she turned around fully, her back facing him.

Naruto turned to look at her with a very confused look, he barely heard the last part.

"W-what do you mean...again."