Chapter 2

"Come on, Sunshine. Wake up" Lukas chuckled. Beau groaned as the blankets were ripped off of him and quickly grabbed a nearby pillow to smush his face into. He grumbled something incoherent making Lukas laugh. "For someone nicknamed Sunshine, you really aren't a morning person"

Beau's breath sucked in as he felt Lukas's rough hands press against his chest and lightly shake. Beau responded by tossing the pillow in Lukas's face with a small and tired smile. Lukas's hair was messy from the long night and he still hadn't bothered to get dressed, putting his muscular chest on display.

Beau's face flushed as he thought back to last night. Lukas had been awake which meant he had done it on purpose... But even worse, he knew. Lukas wasn't stupid... It shouldn't be hard to put two and two together and figure out that Beau liked him...

"Good morning, princess" Lukas scoffed. He set down the pillow and stood up. He walked across the room toward Beau's drawers and dug through the bottom one. "We're taking Lucy swimming in the river... Do you know if I left my swimming trunks here?"

"Yeah... My dad did the laundry so they're probably mixed into my things" Beau let out a long sigh as he stumbled off of his bed and pulled open the top drawer. It only took him a few moments to find his and Lukas's swim trunks. Lukas mumbled his thanks as Beau dug through his other drawers for the rest of his clothes.

Beau pulled out a simple black t-shirt while Lukas changed behind him. It wasn't uncommon for the two boys to change in front of each other. Heck, in football and camp they had showered just a few feet from each other. But that didn't mean that Beau was any less awkward.

He tried to change as quickly as possible. He knew Lukas wasn't looking at him, but it didn't calm his nerves in the slightest. Beau let out a sigh of relief as he pulled the t-shirt over his head and turned to see Lukas waiting for him by the door.

"Coming?" Lukas asked. Beau gave a quick nod and followed Lukas outside with a shy smile. Beau stopped by the bathroom and quickly brushed his teeth and fixed his hair while Lukas simply shook his head making his hair fall in a comfortable position.

Beau had always been envious of Lukas's ability to just naturally look good. How little he ever seemed to care about his hair yet it still looked amazing... Then again, Beau might be a little biased.

Beau could spend forever on his hair. He liked it a very specific way and if it wasn't how he liked it, it made him feel uncomfortable and anxious. It was a sort of security blanket. Lukas chuckled as Beau redid his hair for the millionth time, earing a half-hearted annoyed look from Beau.

"It looks fine, Beau" Lukas promised.

"It could look better" Beau reminded him. Even when he was disagreeing with someone, Beau couldn't help smiling. Always having a smile was something Beau was known for... It was something he prided himself on.

"Stay still" Lukas huffed. He ran his fingers under the sink for a moment before using the water to fix Beau's hair. His eyebrows creased in concentration and Beau couldn't help grinning as the tip of Lukas's tongue was stuck out. He always did that when he was focused on something.

Beau's heart leaped at the feeling of Lukas's fingers in his hair. Ideally, he would be playing with it or even tugging at it in a kiss... But Beau was willing to take whatever he could get. Was he seriously so attention-starved that he was clinging onto every ounce of Lukas's touch like a lifeline? Yes, yes he was.

"Done" Lukas announced with a proud grin. Beau risked a glimpse in the mirror and sighed in relief. It was exactly how Beau liked it... Just the familiarity alone instantly calmed all of his nerves and he gave Lukas a thankful smile.