Chapter 6

It had been two weeks since Lukas had gotten Ophelia. The small dog was happily bouncing around and poking at the water as she watched the two boys swim around in the river. She was surprisingly clingy to the two boys. She wasn't too interested in interacting with any of Beau's family or any other animals. She just wanted Lukas and if Lukas wasn't there, Beau was the next best option.

The weeks had gone by nicely. The two boys started school in a couple of weeks and they had spent the past few days hanging around in town, doing farm work, and spending a little too much time making out in the hay room. Beau had been worried about how things would be once they did start school. He doubted things would go back to normal, but he was worried about keeping things a secret from their friends.

"I don't want Summer to end" Beau sighed as he leaned up against one of the large rocks in the water. His copper hair looked brown since it was wet and seemed to cling to his skin. His gentle blue eyes were locked on Lukas as he casually floated on his back in a place where the current wasn't too strong.

"Why?" Lukas asked as he sat up and moved closer toward Beau. "The sooner Summers over the sooner we can finish school and the sooner it's just me and you" Lukas chuckled. He wrapped his arms around Beau's waist and placed a slow kiss on his jawline.

Beau's heart danced not only at Lukas's words but at the feeling of Lukas's shirtless body pressed against his. A bright smile reached his lips as he laid his head back, hoping Lukas would continue to kiss him. Sadly, he was left disappointed. Instead, Lukas was staring at him and waiting for an answer.

"I don't know... It's just school will take so long and college is forever away... A lot can happen in a few months" Beau sighed. He lazily brought his arms around Lukas's neck and met his pale gaze. "I just want it to be me and you already"

"I forgot how impatient you are" Lukas teased. Finally, he began to kiss down Beau's neck giving him exactly what he wanted two minutes ago. Now, Beau would much rather protest.

"I'm not impatient. I've just been waiting for years" Beau reminded him with a pout. Lukas rolled his eyes and pulled away from Beau's neck.

"Should have said something sooner, Sunshine" Lukas chuckled. "And it's only a few months surrounded by all of our friends before we almost never see them again. Is that so terrible?"

"Yes," Beau scoffed. "All I've wanted to do since middle school is to move away. And now I figured out I can take you with me which only makes me want it more"

"I still can't believe you waited so long to tell me" Lukas laughed as he pushed some of Beau's hair out of his eyes.

"What did you want me to do? Just say, hey Lukas I know your dad is like insanely homophobic or whatever but just wanted to say, I've been in love with you or something since I was eleven and liked you for even longer. Just thought you should know now even though there's a possibility that I get outed and live my next few years in hell" Beau rambled.

Lukas stared at him in shock for a few moments leaving Beau puzzled. He mentally went over what he had just said before realization hit him like a bus. Beau felt himself tense up as he quickly scrambled for an excuse.

"You've been in love with me since we were eleven?" Lukas asked carefully.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I mean, yeah... It's true. I do love you but you don't have to say anything. I really won't mind" Beau blurted out before groaning and leaning his head back against the rock and closing his eyes tightly. A bullet to the head didn't sound half bad at the moment.

"I love you too, Beau" Beau's eyes shot open and he quickly met Lukas's eyes. He knew Lukas loved him as a friend. The two had casually said it to each other since they were kids. But hearing it now was completely different because this time, it meant something more.