Chapter 7

Beau rested his head against the window of Lukas's car only half-listening to the music. He was tired and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep with Lukas's arms wrapped tightly around him. That would have been the ideal way to end a night.

The arcade had been a good way to finish their date. Lukas had obviously beat Beau in the majority of the games, but Beau had managed to pull through with basketball and a racing game. Beau had had fun just competing with Lukas, even when he knew he didn't stand a chance at winning. He loved how Lukas would laugh whenever either of the boys would slip up. He loved how excited Lukas got when Beau had won or how bright his smile was. He loved how free Lukas had looked...

After they had played everything they had wanted to they had a few tickets to spare. The original plan was to give them to the two kids that had been running around, but they had already left. So instead, Lukas had gladly exchanged it for a tootsie roll that he had eaten and a stuffed pig that sat in Beau's lap. Together they had decided to name him Hamilton after Beau's favorite musical Lukas had been forced to watch a million times.

Hamilton was cheap and there were likely a billion stuffies identical to him. His fur was inexpensive and reminded Beau of a carnival, yet he still ran his fingers along the fur that was more like fuzz. As common as Hamilton was, Lukas had won him so that was exactly what made him special.

Beau planned to keep Hamilton in his desk drawer alongside the photos. As much as he wanted to display his and Lukas's relationship throughout his room, he didn't trust himself to remember to hide it every time someone came over. Or even worse, if someone had come into his room unexpectedly. So he'd settle for a drawer up until he moved out.

Lukas pulled to a stop and Beau yawned as he began to undo his seatbelt. Lukas pulled open Beau's door and Beau gave him a funny look as he helped him down. For as long as Lukas had had the truck, not once had he bothered helping anyone off of that long drop. Heck, Beau even remembered Lucy falling off of it. And although he didn't need the help, he liked that Lukas was there.

"Thanks" Beau gave Lukas a tired smile as Lukas walked him up to the door. Beau unlocked it easily and began to head inside when he realized Lukas wasn't following. "Are you not staying over?"

"It feels a little sleazy to sleep in the same bed after the first date" Lukas awkwardly admitted. Beau gave him an 'are you serious?' Look in which he quickly realized Lukas was. Beau sighed and gave Lukas a polite smile instead.

"Alright... Then goodnight" Beau decided.

"Goodnight" Lukas smiled down at Beau and was about to leave when Beau grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in for a long and passionate kiss. Lukas stumbled for a moment and used the house for support, accidentally caging Beau in between him and the wall. He had planned on moving his arms down to Beau's waist like he often did but realized that Beau seemed to like how things were and left it alone.

Beau's hands pressed slid Lukas's chest and around his neck, pulling him in for a deeper kiss. His fingers lightly tangled into his hair. He decided to try something new... He lightly bit down on Lukas's bottom lip and tugged at the ends of his hair receiving a deep moan in response. Beau smiled into the kiss feeling somewhat proud before Lukas quickly pulled away.

"I said goodnight" Lukas chuckled. He placed a chaste kiss on Beau's lips before pulling away. "I love you, Beau"

"I love you too Lukas"

_________________________________________

Beau woke up to a loud ringing from his phone. He groaned and shut off the alarm before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He had been exhausted by the time he got back, but somehow kissing Lukas had brought back energy he didn't know he had left. And that energy had only continued to keep him awake. The worst part was how cold and empty his bed had felt without Lukas in it.