FIFTY-FIVE

Rose's POV

"Rose, your mom came back right?"

I averted my eyes from my pizza and looked at Sue. I am picking up the pineapples from Elise's pizza slice and transferring them on mine. We're here in the canteen and it's lunch time.

"Yep, why?" I asked and resumed what I was doing.

"What's your plan? Will you go back to your own house now?" Sue sat beside me and sighed.

"Not yet I think. Mom and Aunt Annaly might have talked about it," I put down the fork and picked up the pizza. I noticed her small frown.

"Is that so?" She smiled. "Anyway, where did Elise go?"

"She said she forgot something," I said and took a big bite. I haven't had a proper breakfast at home because I woke up late. I had trouble sleeping ever since Jennie told me...

"There she is," Sue muttered. "Wait, why is she looking like an angry bull?"

I glanced at what she's looking and saw a furious-faced Elise. Her bangs and hair are flying off her face as she half-runs to us. Students automatically avoids getting on her way because she seems not minding if she bumps onto someone else.

"What, what?" I asked as Elise settle down on the chair opposite me.

She blew off her bangs, like what she does whenever she's pissed. But she didn't answer.

Sue and I looked at each other.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Sue asked, handing Elise her yogurt drink.

Elise accepted it and put the straw harshly that some of the drink squirted on her hand, but she didn't mind.

"Did someone fight you?" I asked curiously.

"Elise," Sue nudged her.

"Argh! I'm going! Don't follow me--" she took her bag and walked out.

I stood up to follow her but Sue held my hand and shook her head. I sat back.

"She seems off just this morning," I muttered and eat again.

"Actually, she's been like that since yesterday." Sue crossed her arms, "I was with her. She went out to buy some snacks and drinks and when she got back, she seemed pissed. I asked her and she said she doesn't feel well."

"She's not the type to get angry for no reason," I said with a sigh.

Too bad. I was actually planning of asking her about JK and Soyeon. I didn't get the chance this morning because of too much schoolwork, we didn't even eat at recess. But now that I have plenty of time, she's not on her mood. I wonder what happened.

"Jen!" Sue said loudly and waved at the doorway. I smiled as Jennie saw us. She went to sit on the space previously occupied by Elise. "Had lunch?"

"Not yet," she said, laying down her bag beside her.

"Pizza," I pushed the pizza plate towards her.

"I'm avoiding carbs right now," she said, taking an apple from her bag. "I'll have this."

"What? Just an apple?" I said and stared at her in disbelief. "I'll have to die if I only have fruits for lunch."

She laughed. "How are you?"

I smiled as Sue looked from Jennie to me.

"Where's Elise?" Jennie said before biting on her apple.

"She went back to our room. She suddenly got annoyed and we don't know what happened," Sue answered her. I nodded.

I picked another slice of pizza. "It's my third slice," I said and held it up to take a bite. But the pizza hang midair as my attention focus on the doorway where Jim Inocencio enters with a girl clingin onto his left arm. They were followed by Soyeon who is holding JK's hand, she seems to be pulling her while insisting on something. They look like a pair of sweet couples---