☯︎700

"Where is she?"

The Demon Protagonist mumbled, his ruby red eyes scanning the empty and quiet house. Only the sound of the wooden floorboards creaking caused by his fellow demons echoed throughout the hallways.

Akaza ran into the girls bedroom, slamming open the shoji door, frantically searching left and right for her.

Douma did the same. He ran into the kitchen screaming out "Y/n-chan!" every once in a while with both his hands circling the side of his mouth—like it was going to do anything.

Muzan and Kokushibo walked around in their usual calm manner but inside they were panicking.

With every second that passed, the tension in the room increased. All of them got more nervous, scared and concerned for the missing girl. Their actions became more hasty, more clumsy.

"She's...not here." Akaza mumbled—loud enough for the other demons to hear. He dragged his feet towards the living room where Muzan and Kokushibo where.

The four looked lost.

Defeated.

"Did she leave us?" Douma questioned, he looked down.

"No. She wouldn't." Akaza answered, although it sounded more like a question than a reply. He himself hoped that what he said was true. Y/n wouldn't leave them would she? Surely the two years they spent together meant even the tiniest something to her. Because to him, it meant a lot.

"Even if she left what would that mean to you? Have you gone soft?" Muzan said. His aura was covered so the Upper Moons did not know what he was feeling. Muzan liked to think that he doesn't care, but deep down in that ice cold heart, he did care.

Kokushibo didn't say anything, his face and actions said it all. He was shaky, his breathing was uneven.

The sound of a Biwa echoed throughout the quiet house sending all the demons to the Infinity Castle, where Rui was standing next to the Biwa Demon.

"Rui what are you doing here? Do you know where Y/n-chan is?" Douma asked praying that the little demon knew where she was, considering that they did spend a huge amount of time together.

"I don't know. I-i, she told me to run away. There was an invasion at my territory, i was getting overrun, Onee-san came in at the last second to help me. She told me to run and i did, i went back after a bit to help her but she was gone.."

Rui explained, with every word that came out of his mouth he felt more guilt consuming him. Why didn't he stay to help?

"You didn't stay to help her? Useless weakling, how do you consider yourself one of the twelve demon moons." Muzan spat the insult in his face, the urge to end Rui's life this instant increased with every growing second.

Then he thought of Y/n. Remembering their close relationship.

"I'll spare you this once." Was Muzan's excuse to not kill the spider demon.

"How are we going to find Y/n?" Kokushibo questioned.

"Who was there attacking Y/n?" Muzan asked Rui glaring down at his small figure.