𝟑𝟑 | Make up

Hello!!! Oh yes, I'm still alive! It's been over a month yeah??🥺 I'm so sorry for the long wait. I promise to be more regular henceforth. Expect back to back updates please. So tell all your friends we're back to the jolly ride of SHATTERED HEARTSTRINGS🤗

CHAPTER DEDICATION: isegeorge_ Always asking for an update everyday. Thank you for caring about me❤

You will always be...
The sister of my soul, the friend of my heart, and the guardian angel to my mind.
—𝓚𝓲𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓱

RECAP:

__________

"Sto...p staring at me like..like that." I stutter because of the serious pain affecting my stomach, and because his gaze is becoming too unsettling for my liking. He scratches his neck in an awkward manner and bites his lip, as if he is debating with a serious battle in his mind. Seeing him all flustered and jetty makes me amused. Never have I seen him this way.

"Um, don't be angry if I say this..." he trails off and pleads with his eyes. Grey eyes that looks like those of a cute baby right now.

What?

Where did that come from?!

"Oh, okay?" I query in uncertainty, tightening the grip of the duvet over my body.

"I think you're experiencing your menstrual cramps." My eyes snap so wide at his words, wondering how he came up with such an absurd theory. "I didn't know how to say this, but I think you have a little— um, a little red stain rig...." I didn't even wait for him to complete his statement as I poke my fingers into my ears — inevitably blocking his words out.

Did Jamal just know that I am on my period?

I think I'm going to pass out for real!

__________

END OF RECAP

Deep breaths...

In...out...in...out

Slowly and steadily, I sluggishly let my eyelids flutter open, ready to face Jamal laughing at me for being stupid and careless about my time of the month, or expecting him to kick me out of his personal space. However, instant confusion greets me as I notice my change of environment.

Huh...what the hell just happened?

I swear we were in the music room just now. So how did we get back to his study room?

I tap my stomach reassuringly to feel the pain I felt earlier but nothing is happening.

Okay this is strange.

The only similarity is the duvet that is still draped over my body, so I can't be imagining things either.

"And she's finally awake."