𝟑𝟗 | Estranged trip

Chapter dedication:  cx_kiki I love you girl❤❤

A disease of the mind, it can control you.
—𝓡𝓲𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪

My hands unconsciously move up to trace the seams of my lips and I groan for the umpteenth time wondering why my brain is still a jumbled mess of the events that happened the day before yesterday. I'm only having bits and bits of the memory but they do not seem to add up at all.

"Oh God!" My brother voice snaps me out of the mini pity-party going on within my head and I stare at him confusedly. "Can you stop groaning like a psychopath for at least a second?"

My lips twist into a snarly smile as I mimic my brother in my head. And since his face is buried deep into his laptop, I dount he can see my reaction.

"You can stop with the monkey face now." He says with a sly smile and I frown to face my side of the window. Ayo is just being a joy killer and I don't like it. I only groaned for like three times all because I'm trying so hard to remember what happened on our end of year party day but then again, the only memory I have is getting pissed and drinking a little amount of Vodka and rum. That's all right?

My phone beeps repeatedly in my hands and I slightly flinch since I momentarily forgot I was chatting with the squad in our group chat. Too many thoughts have been swarming my head ever since we started this journey so let's just say my mind isn't here that much.

𝐗𝐃 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐃☠🍃

Jidenna😍: I don't see a huge deal with her brother deciding to seek a closure from thier mother if you ask me.

Jerry bear🧸❤:  it's not about seeking closure. At least he could have mentally prepared her instead of announcing it all of a sudden!

Kimbell💕: I second Jerry's stand! Aramide is a soft person and doing this to her isn't right.

Jidenna😍: Well...I understand. But wait, wtf is she? Isn't she online??

Stubborn Jamal💀: Just great for y'all to just realise she stopped talking since🥴

Kimbell💕: Oh my🤦🏽‍♀️ I have to dm her right now. I can't believe we got carried away.

Me: Um guys, I'm here you know?

Jerry bear🧸❤: Ara! We're so sorry for getting so absorbed. I hope we didn't hurt you with our words?

I sigh and close my eyes deeply. It's not thier conversation that will ever hurt me. But the fact that Uncle Tee and Onome were aware of this fact from onset and suggested Ayo can go ahead with the plan. They didn't seek of my opinion first and it hurts so much. Although I understand why we need to seek closure, to know why my mum made certain decisions as such but then again, I'm afraid. Deeply scared and frightened of how the turnout would be.

I can't face my mum and look at her in the same eye again. Never.

Me: I'm fine guys. Jidenna I love you for trying to ask of me. You're not like the rest😌