𝟏𝟒 | The Advice

𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎

Cover by Stardust_Wendy❤️

~Not edited!~

Today being Sunday means we the Bolanles' go to church, come back, relax and rest from every work and emotional stress. But no. Some people decided that Sunday is the right day to frustrate me on earth. We attend the biggest Baptist church in the Island as fervent worshippers. After the church service, an elderly woman walked up to me and started blabbing things like;

"Sister your hair is really fine. But I thought your hair is natural? Hahan. This is serious oh. So you mean they can use Virgin hair to do parking gel? Shebi I was telling Tomike that anything is possible with virgin hair. But no oo, she said Mama Iyawo won't do it very well. Ehn but wait, don't you think your hair is too long? It is even reaching your bombom! Children of God are supposed to be modest with what they do and wear. You hear? Try to be more like a vitreous woman."

I even had to painfully chug my laughter down when she said, 'vitreous' instead of 'virtuous' woman. I wonder how people can just open their mouth waaaaaa and start spilling incorrect English.

Out of courtesy, I swallowed every corny insult she threw at me all in the name of advice. She even had the guts to ask, who my parents are so that she could meet them. Meet them my foot! Some adults should really learn to respect their age if they want the younger folks to respect them back. Respect is reciprocal for crying out loud.

On getting home, I bolt out of the car and race to my room, slamming the door very hard in the process. Don't think it is only the elderly woman matter that is paining me. No it is not. Yesterday when I returned from the saloon, my uncle told me that I've been summoned by the school disciplinary board and I should be prepared for my defense on Monday which is unfortunately tomorrow. This is what I have been trying to avoid since day one...the disciplinary board of the school.

Then again, I aggravated matters by doing busybody. I simply asked Derek if there is an history between him and Kiki. Trust me that was the biggest mistake I made.

Simple thing is that, he ignored me up till this very minute. He turned to the Derek I originally knew when I came into this house....the one that doesn't exchange more than three words with me.

So mature of you Aramide.

I shouldn't have asked him at all.

Sighing, I slowly remove my suede block heels from my aching feet. I am not a fan of high heels to be honest. I only wore them today because I wanted it to go with the beaded off-the-shoulder Ankara gown I wore to church. Keeping the heels at the shoe rack, I decide to leave the gown on because laziness is really not letting me to take it off. I pick up my phone and switch my WiFi network on when suddenly, I stare at the stack of books piled on my reading table as if-I'm forgetting something.