Chapter Thirty-Four - Strength

15th August 2003:

I finished writing my comments over the last page of my book and sat back, rubbing my eyes as I noticed what the time was.
"Are you finally finished?" I looked up and strained to see Draco walking into my room.
"Yeah, thank god. If I never see another word on a piece of paper again, I will be eternally grateful." I joke, taking the mug from him as he sat down next to me on the bed.
"Well, that's going to be a little hard seeming as you're about to become a teacher..." I laugh dryly at him and take a sip of the drink, smiling as I realised he'd made me a hot chocolate.
"Why can't you just let me have a slice of happiness?" I joke, smiling at him as he leaned forward and looked at me.
"So now you're done with the late night book editing, what are you going to do?" I leaned further into my pillows and focused on the liquid in the mug.

In the time that Draco had spent in his family home, I'd been left to uncover what I truly needed to do in order to move on from everything that had happened. Finishing my book had helped me move on from my past, as well as finally being able to say goodbye to those I had lost. The one thing that had stayed in my mind over the last few weeks, was the questioning of what my life would have been like if the baby was still in the picture.

"I think I need to go see Molly..." I finally reply. If there were one person who I could talk to about all of this, it would be the best mother figure I'd ever truly grown close to.
"You sure you're ready to enter society again?" I nodded, knowing that I had been closed in on myself for long enough.
"I doubt I'll bump into anyone else, but I think it's time I go and see my parents. They didn't deserve me ignoring them all of this time, especially with everything they've done for me." I state, knowing I had some serious apologising to do.
"I think that's a good idea." I nod at him in confirmation and sigh, leaning into his side.
"Look at us, becoming proper adults and embracing our responsibilities." He laughed slightly and sighed.
Draco had just sold his family home, the reason behind his visit was to clean up after his long lost parents and find any possessions he would want to keep, before leaving the house to another family who could utilise it much better than he.
"Cheers to us." He brought his mug up to me and I clinked mine to it, downing the rest of the drink before getting ready for bed.

The next day I was up bright and early, another new thing for me, as I had grown accustomed to sleeping in until midday for a while after the attack on the hospital.
"I'll see you later." I shouted out to Draco once I had gotten dressed. I knew I wanted as much time as possible to spend with my parents today and that I could find both coffee and food at their house.

I closed my eyes and pictured the garden, not wanting to intrude in the house after so long. I felt the wind change around me and opened them again, looking up at the house that had so many warm and loving memories within its walls.

"Celia?" I turned around as I was looking over the house, jumping as Arthur walked out of his shed and towards me.
"Hey Dad..." The words whisked out of my mouth so easily and I could feel the emotion swirling in my chest as I realised how much I had missed their presence in my life.
"What are you doing here? We haven't heard from you in over a month!" I nodded, knowing he was right and that it wasn't okay.
"I'm so sorry. After the attack it all just got too much and I needed some time to figure out where I was and what I was doing... I hope you can understand." He smiled lovingly at me and embraced me, causing a few tears to escape from my eyes.
"Of course I understand poppet. You went through something so traumatic and I know whatever went down with you and George must've been tough as well. We all need a break from life sometimes." I looked up at the man who had become a role model and father figure in my life and smiled. He grabbed the handkerchief from his pocket and dabbed my cheeks, clearing the tears away from them.
"Thank you." I mumble, pulling back and noticing the smell of Molly Weasley's cooking coming our way.
"Let's go find your mother, shall we?" I grinned and nodded, following him into the kitchen of the Burrows.