Chapter Sixteen - Old Enemies Turned Into Friends

Present Day, 19th May 2003:

The celebrations for the wedding had lasted the entire weekend. I wasn't looking forward to getting up this morning; I was still feeling the effects, even though it was now Monday. But I think the idea of going to Hogwarts this week was making me even more nervous to get out of bed.

I didn't really need to go for the whole week, but I had planned meetings with different staff members for my article, as well as Professor McGonagall and Madame Pomfrey for some answers. So it was just easier to let it fall over the whole week instead.

"Do you have to go?" George groans as I finally move from my comfy position in the bed and roll over.
"If I wasn't going to get some answers, I need to go for work. You'll see me on Friday, it's not that long." I reply, finally moving out of his arms and out of the bed.
"I really hope you can get some answers while your there..." He mumbles, watching me dress myself and pack my bag.
"Me too." I state, sighing as I place my books into my bag with all my clothes.
"Say hi to Neville for me." I kiss him on the lips and walk out of the room, wrapping my coat around me before leaving to get my things from work.

"Oh Celia, I was hoping I would find you before you left." Rita walks into my office as I grabbed papers from my desk and placed them into my bag.
"Hi, Rita. How was your weekend?" I ask, making polite conversation.
"Fantastic, I spent it reading your work you gave me a couple weeks back and what a glorious story it was... truly. I've just sent it off to my publisher actually, that's how much I love it!" My mouth drops as I realise what she was saying.
"So you're saying you think it could be published?"
"Yes darling! It was wonderful, I can't wait to read everything else that pours out of that miraculous brain of yours!" My mouth doesn't close as I realise what this meant for me.
"Wow... Rita, are you sure?" My mind didn't comprehend what she was saying still.
"You better believe it. This can make you famous Celia Diggory! Famous!" I laugh quietly at the idea of me becoming a famous author, what a strange turn of events.
"Thank you Rita, really, thank you." I take her hand and hug her tightly, letting her know how thankful I was.
"I'll let you know when the publishers come back to me, but meanwhile keep up the work. You have a fabulous manager... aka me, so don't you worry your pretty little head." I smile and agree with her as I pack my bag and head out of the door.

I was desperate to tell George the good news, but decided it would be even better news once I found out what was going on with me too.

As I walk outside in the brisk air, I take in the sweet reminiscent smell of Hogsmead. It had been so long since I'd heard the familiar noise of the train and smelt the unusual smells that filled the village streets. I hadn't been here since the end of school, or what our equivalent of that year was.

We'd been allowed to come back and complete our N.E.W.T's if we desired to after the battle, but I couldn't bare the idea of walking back into those halls quite so soon. So I'd decided that journalism was going to be fine with me, especially if it meant I could work at the store with George too. My O.W.L's were enough to get me by anyway, and I didn't want to go into a line of work that needed anything extra.

I wasn't due to be in the castle until tomorrow, so I headed into the Three Broomsticks and ordered a drink and dinner. My stomach felt like it was twisting in knots, causing me to feel a little nauseous and I hoped that the warm meal and tea would calm it down.

It was busy for a Monday night and as I looked around the room I noticed a familiar face, hidden in the corner, his mind shrouded in agony. I quickly grabbed hold of my belongings and headed over to his table.

Year Six, Nov. 1996:

I walked outside into the brisk air and shivered, bringing my jacket closer to my body. We had spent the day in Hogsmead, mostly in the Three Broomsticks, as it was too cold outside to make sense of walking around the village. I had to leave early in order to get to Quidditch Practise, I had an image to maintain since becoming captain after all.