Chapter Four - Safe at Home

Present Day, 11th April 2003:

I jumped up from my position on the sofa, my dream still haunting my mind. The clock read midnight and the TV was still playing some movie in the background.

My head was buzzing and my hands were tingling, so I quickly got up from the comfort of the couch and headed over to my typewriter.

Year Two, Jan. 1993:

'Celia, I'm so sorry about Nick.' Hermione embraced me as I sat in the cold outside.

I didn't know what to say. Nick was always the one who knew what to say... he could make people laugh even in the saddest times.

'What are you doing out here?' I turned my head, watching both Harry and Ron walk up to us.

'She's just lost her closest friend, Ron. Leave her be.' Hermione scolded, embracing me even more.

'Yeah, but it's like minus 10 out here... let's go somewhere a little warmer.' He replied, frowning at me.

I then realised that in his own way, Ron Weasley was a pretty good friend. I was grateful that he had mentioned the cold, I had been out here for a good ten minutes before they came and I now realised that I was starting to lose any feeling in my fingers.

Once I had discovered Nick's body in the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey had ushered me out, worried about how drenched I was. But going and having a warm bath was the last thing on my mind, when I had just found out I might never see my best friend again. So I ran straight outside, curling up on the blanket of snow that had just started falling after the rain.

'Okay, let's get you indoors.' Hermione stated, getting Harry to help her move me off of the floor.

'You're cold as ice.' Harry muttered, placing his arm around me as he helped me walk towards the courtyard.

As I felt his arm wrap around me, my insides radiate warmth, leaking some into my cheeks as I thanked them both and walked inside.

'Everything will be okay, Celia.' Ron muttered, sitting down opposite me as we found a place near the fire.

'It's just... he's the only person I know here, other than my brother. I don't know what to do without him.' I finally talk, my breath getting caught in my throat.

'Don't be silly. You've got us... we're here for you and we're your friends. From now until Nick wakes up and even afterwards, we will always be around.' Harry nodded, with a slightly less enthusiastic Ron, both of them agreeing with Hermione. It may have been forced, but either way it helped me feel better.

I knew that the trio in front of me would be my rocks for however long until Nick woke up, and who knows, even after maybe...

Present Day, 12th April 2003:

"Ceils, you realise what the time is yeah?" I glance up from my typewriter and face George, looking over to the clock stating I'd be typing non-stop for two hours.
"Oh sorry, I'll come to bed now." He smiled and took my hand as he led me into the bedroom.
"What's got you all amped up?" He sat back on the bed and watched me get changed with bated eyes.
"I had a dream and couldn't get it off of my mind. Good thing is I've now basically written my whole first two years at school down." I sat down next to him and pulled the covers up to my neck.
"Is it really helping then? I knew mum was talented when it came to advice, but I didn't realise she was a miracle worker." I giggled and lay down on the bed, shrugging my shoulders.
"I guess we'll see when I'm finished. It's nice to have it all down on paper, instead of jumbled up in my mind." He stared at me for some time, before kissing my head and saying goodnight.