Chapter Nine - I've Got You

Year Four, Feb. 1995:

I was asleep but awake at the same time; it was one of the strangest feelings I'd ever felt.

The last thing I remembered was talking to Dumbledore and Snape. We had been searching through ways to open my mind enough to control the thoughts and feelings that entered it. Then Hermione, Ron, and a little French girl entered the room and we were given a drink to take.

My body was asleep, but I could reach minds around me; one was frightened and cold, while the other was praying for a saviour. The last was dead to the world, sound asleep in their body and mind. I could sense the bodies around me, but I couldn't wake myself up.

I wondered if this was the second trial? Cedric and I had been searching through different methods to breathe underwater once he'd opened the egg and found out what it was asking. I'd remembered a spell that was taught to us in class once and we had tried it out a few days ago to make sure it worked. Once Cedric had figured out what to do, I started to worry about Harry. I knew he hadn't figured it out yet and I'd pushed Cedric to help, if only to make sure Harry didn't drown during the trial.

All of a sudden I could hear someone else around me, they were shocked at what they saw and worry filtered through into my mind.

'I can't leave them! Celia, Ron, Hermione, I can't choose!' The thought entered my mind and I willed myself to open up more so I could understand what they were going through.

'What do I do?' Harry's voice got louder as I realised who it was that was struggling with what was in front of them.

'This boy will be the death of me...' Cedric voiced entered my mind as his own was going through different scenarios to cut me loose.

'Celia will kill me if I don't get him to focus.' Cedric thought again, trying to help Harry understand the trial.

I wondered what state I was in, as my brother's voice got louder in my mind. Was dreaming or lucid?

'Oh god Celia, what did they do to you?' I could feel Cedric right next to me now, so close and so warm.

Before I knew it, I felt warmth again; my body next to my brothers as I opened my eyes, water pouring out of my mouth as Cedrics hand met mine. I spluttered water continuously as he pulled me to a tall structure in the middle of the lake.

'Celia!' Ginny shouted my name, helping Cedric pull me onto the wooden boards and place a blanket around me. Cedric held me tight as I started to warm up, the feeling in my limbs slowly coming back to life.

'What happened?' I finally spoke, the confusion coming out in my voice.

'I've got you Celia, always...' Cedric replied, his arms wrapped firmly around me.

Present Day, 4th May 2003:

I wish I could say that my brother still had me. All of those promises he made to me during our childhood and time at Hogwarts, telling me he would always be there for me and love me...

It was a lie.

I almost wished he didn't make all of those promises to me, and then maybe I could survive without him and know what to do in times when I felt like an imposter in my own mind.

I looked over to George snoring away next to me in the bed. I couldn't imagine my life without him... but maybe that was my problem.

I didn't know how to live without anyone but myself. I relied on the people I loved to cure my sickness and kiss away any sadness.