Chapter Eighteen - George

Year Six, April 1997:
Morning -

'How are things going between you and Harry?' I asked Ginny. They had been going out for a few weeks and I wanted her to feel comfortable talking about it with me. I could tell she didn't want to push her relationship with Harry in my face, as it had only been four months since I had broken up with him. Harry and I had slowly gotten back to normal after Christmas, I was glad in the end that we were no longer going out, it seemed better and almost right us just being friends. The tension has dissipated and the laughter that consumed us before as friends had come back just as strong.

'We're good.' She replied, timidly. Hermione smiled at us, trying to stop herself from laughing at the tension.

'Okay we don't need to do the relationship talk just yet, maybe it's too soon for that.' I stated, laughing alongside Hermione as Ginny joined in.

'Wait, before we do that, I need to know if there's something going on between you and my brother.' Ginny stated, stopping me from changing the subject.

'With Ron? Erg, no way!' I replied, faking a gagging motion with the idea. Hermione's cheeks flushed slightly and I smirked, knowing that her feelings for him had been growing over the last few months.

'No, I mean George!' Ginny stated, giggling. It was my turn to blush as I remembered the way my body had reacted to him at Christmas, but I shrugged my shoulders at her in reply.

I could tell there was something between us and I had managed to enter his mind a couple of times to see him thinking of me, but I was scared to do anything, as he hadn't made it obvious around me yet.

'I'm not sure what he feels for me honestly.' I replied.

'What do you feel for him?' Hermione asked me.

'He makes me feel warm... and safe.' I reply, I smiled as I thought of how he made me feel. Every time he walked into the room, my body warmed and I couldn't help but relax, even if he wasn't right next to me.

'Why don't you do something then?' Ginny asked, leaning in as she once again became involved.

'Because I don't want him to think I'm just using him. I only broke up with Harry at Christmas and if I did something now, then he might think I'm just using him as a rebound and not because I actually feel something for him.'

'So you want to kiss him then?' Ginny pointed out, smiling wide. I shook my head and laughed, knowing I couldn't get out of it.

'I just don't want to mess any of it up... plus he's older and more experienced.' Hermione rolled her eyes and Ginny made a face thinking of the other girl's he'd been with in her mind.

'None of that matters Ceils, if you feel so strongly for him, you should tell him.' Hermione states. Her mind wandered off to the boy in the other room.

'I know, I just... I'm scared I guess.' I trailed off; worried I had the complete wrong idea about what he felt for me.

'He's upstairs, just go and talk to him.' Hermione pointed out, nodding at me in support.

'Okay...' I stated, getting up from my seat and slowly moving to his room upstairs.

I knocked on the door and Fred opened it.

'What's up Ceils?' Fred asked, smirking slightly as he noticed my gaze fall on his brother.

'Do you mind if I talk to George... alone?' I asked, timidly.