Chapter Nineteen - Do You Trust Me?

Present Day, 23rd May 2003:

"How did your talk with Pomfrey go the other day?" It had been a couple of days since my revealing chat with Pomfrey. I'd stuck myself inside my room for those days, adamant to forget what she had told me until I found another explanation that could rule it out.

"It was interesting, that's for sure." I reply to Draco. We were sat outside in Hogsmead. Draco had found me after my meeting with Professor McGonagall this morning and insisted that we hang out for the rest of the day.
"Have you found any answers to your questions yet?" He asks, eating the takeaway meal we'd gotten in front of him.
"I feel as though I have to ask you why you know so much about my visit, Draco Malfoy. Are you spying on me or something?" I ask, raising one eyebrow to elevate my curiousness. I'd never told Draco anything about my reasons for being here, yet somehow he seemed to know it all.
"I have to admit, I may have overheard a conversation between McGonagall and Pomfrey before you arrived. I didn't want to tell you as I knew it would look like I cared..." I chuckled, taking a sip of my drink after.
"I mean there's nothing too much to hide. I've recently been struggling with my legilimency and I thought if I came back here that I would get some answers or explanations. I only seem to have gained more confusion and questions since being here though."
"Why's that?" He asks, finishing his food and staring at me with interest.
"You don't need to hear all about my troubles Draco."
"Maybe I want to hear them. Look Celia, I know we're not best mates or anything, but you listened to me when I talked about my troubles, so it's only fair I listen to yours. Plus, it might be good to get an outsider's perspective." I nod at him and consider his request, he was right, he didn't know much about my past and it would be good to tell someone else.

"Okay, I guess it couldn't hurt. But you have to promise me you won't tell anyone else." I state, making him pinkie promise with me.
"What are you doing?" He stares at my finger with disgust.
"I'm not telling you anything until you pinkie promise." He sighs in annoyance and takes his finger onto my own.
"Great. Well, McGonagall had nothing to help me with, as Dumbledore and Snape were the only ones to know much about legilimency. But Pomfrey mentioned something that could make sense, I just don't want to really accept the idea of it." I take a deep breath and lean back into my chair. The idea of a child still frightened the life out of me, especially not knowing how George would take it if it were true.

"What did Pomfrey suggest?" Draco asks, leaning forward and crossing his arms.
"She mentioned that I could possibly be... pregnant." His eyes open wide and he uncrosses his arms.
"Why would she suggest that?" He asks, as I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment.
"My father told me that the reason my mother's legilimency got worse was due to her pregnancies."
"Is it true then, are you..." He stops himself, a pale pink flush flowing through his cheeks this time.
"I don't know. Pomfrey gave me a test and told me to take it in my own time, but I'm too afraid to do it. I don't think I want to know the answer, even if my mind is telling me I already know." I brush my hand through my hair, anxiety racking through my body.
"I think you should take it." Draco states, calming down and staring straight at me.
"You do?"
"Of course. You need to know what is affecting you, whatever answer it gives you then will help you understand, right?" I nod in acceptance, but my stomach rolls with nerves.
"I don't think I can actually do it though. I'm not ready for kids Draco, I can't stand the idea of my whole life changing so suddenly." I shake my head as thoughts of what could happen entered it.

"You have to know Celia. Not knowing will make you crazy, there are options out there for you, but you need to know whether you are first. We can go do it now, I'll be there for you, so you're not alone in this." I breathe deeply again, wanting so bad to take up his offer.

"I just don't know Draco... I'm so scared." I look him in the eyes as he looks down at me and takes my hands.
"You have every right to be scared Celia, but you need to do this, for yourself and for whatever the future holds." I squeeze his hands, grateful for his friendship.
"You're right. Since when did you become such a great person?" He goes to reply but gets interrupted as red hair flashes into my peripheral, surprising me.