Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Last Battle

19th June 2003:

My body screamed in pain and I realised I wasn't dead... if death was this I was regretting my decisions, I should have fought back harder.

Fighting... the last thing I remembered was staring into the face of the dark wizard, watching his body get impaled as I blacked out.

"She's waking up." I recognised the voice next to me, the warmth in his tone brought a sensation back to my mind as I tried to open my eyes.
"Celia... can you open your eyes?" I moaned as I cautiously opened my eyes and squinted at the bright lights above me. I blinked the cloudiness away and took note of the people in the room.

As I looked to my left I stared at a figure, their wand focused on me. My heart beat frantically as I tried to move away, fearful of the oncoming spells and worried that I'd be forced through the pain all over again.

"It's okay! She's just a healer, Celia, look at me!" My head was forced in the other direction; George appearing in my vision as his hand caressed my face, trying to calm me down.
"George..." I whisper out, my throat dry and scratchy.
"You're safe Ceils, I promise." I close my eyes again and fall asleep; comforted by the man at my side and safe feeling he brought to me.

A few hours later I woke up again, but this time George was the only one there. He was holding tightly to my hand and he perked up as I opened my eyes to him.

"I knew you'd come back to me." He whispered, kissing me ferociously as he poured all of his love and worry for me in it.
"What happened?" I asked, moving back from him, my memory still cloudy from the events that had happened.
"You've been unconscious for over a week now, do you feel okay?" I widen my eyes with the notion of being asleep for so long.
"I'm sore, but I'm okay." I murmur, looking around the room and taking it in.
"You had a lot of injuries, it took some time for the healers to fix them all." I nod in understanding, feeling the ache in my body return.

"The baby?" I asked suddenly, holding my stomach as I stared up at George's teary face.
"There was no way it could have survived." I closed my eyes and nodded my head. I laid my head back on my pillow and turned away from the man next to me, letting a few tears fall for the loss. Just as I had started looking into to the idea of keeping the baby, my choice had been snatched away from me.

"Why did they do it?" I ask later on in the day, memories of the dark wizards coming back to me.
"You mean why did the hospital get attacked?" George replies, looking over to Harry and the group who had now joined us in the room.

Nick and Emily were sitting next to George as the others crowded around on the other side. Molly and Arthur had left us be, going to talk to Emily and Nick's parents while we caught up.

"We've been watching Whitechurch and his group of dark wizards for months now. We knew he'd been gathering people for some sort of attack, but I would never have guessed that they'd think of the hospital." Harry replies, holding tightly onto Ginny's hand, guilt in his eyes.
"It's despicable, thinking they can attack innocent people and their healers." Hermione states, shaking her head in astonishment.
"Did many people get out?" I ask, looking over to Emily. She had a bad limp, but luckily someone had found her before she bled out or had to lose her leg.
"Many of the patients and healers managed to flee to a safe location, but those that stayed to fight... basically none of them survived." I closed my eyes, remembering the amount of bodies I found laying on the floor as I struggled through the rubble.
"I just can't believe it happened." Ginny mutters, grabbing hold of my free hand and squeezing it.
"Well thanks to Celia it's all over now. They have no leader and we've managed to find the rest who escaped already. They won't be given the opportunity to do something like this again." Ron comments, praising me for my reckless actions during the fight.