In On A Little Secret

Cyclone poured a hot cup of tea, the steam floating to the air. Sighing, he turned around and walked towards his coffee table, where he had Blaze sat there with a blanket wrapped around him tightly. He put the cup on the table and went to tend to the fire in the fireplace silently. Blaze watched him move with silence as well.

After ensuring the fire was ready to go, Cyclone sat down next to Blaze, heaving a sigh. " Alright then. I hope you have a good explanation as to why you were out there so late, " he said sternly.

" Hmph.. I hope you do too, " Blaze mumbled, but Cyclone heard it loud and clear.

" Excuse me? "

" Don't tell me that I shouldn't be suspicious that you keep going out at night. That's why I decided to follow you out, to find out why! "

" That's- "

" What were you doing so near to the Winter border? Don't tell me your seniors needed your help again, " Blaze didn't like raising his voice, but he needed answers.

" The little ones are asleep, Blaze! " Cyclone scolded, to which Blaze huffed back into silence. Cyclone sighed, by the gods, he was so bad at lying sometimes. " Why don't you tell me your story first? Then I'll tell mine. "

Blaze huffed, but knowing that Cyclone is man of his word, he gave in. " Recently I have been noticing you've been skipping dinner. You said you had to run some errands but you never specified what. It became very frequent and it even changed your expressions when I asked. So tonight I wanted to know why. And you're terrible at keeping things secret! Don't think I didn't see specks of snow on your vest that day! "

Cyclone's breathing hitched, but he could only receive it with a simple sigh. Surprisingly, Blaze always finds out their secrets, even when he himself cannot really keep his own.

" I guess it's my turn to tell my side of the story, huh? " Blaze nodded vigorously. Cyclone huffed a smile. He knew he couldn't keep it a secret any longer.

" Well, there's not much to say, to be honest, " Cyclone glanced at the fire fairy. " But a lot to show. "

Blaze raised an eyebrow. Cyclone smiled. " Tell you what. You can follow me tomorrow night. I'll show you where I've been and what I've been doing. "

Blaze wanted to hear this, but for some reason he was still surprised. He held onto his blanket tightly. " R-really? "

Cyclone nodded. " Yeah, why not? It's about time someone knew anyway. But, I have to ask this of you..... "

Blaze anticipated what he had to say. " Yeah? " He stared at the pinkie finger that was extended to him. A promise?

" Please, don't tell anyone about what you're going to see. I'm ready to show them to you, but still not ready to show to anyone else. " They both locked eyes, Cyclone's hand still extended out to await Blaze's response.

Blaze knew what his answer was, but it took him a few seconds to answer. He snapped out of his thoughts and intertwined his pinkie with Cyclone's, sealing the promise. Cyclone smiled in relief. " Thank you, Blaze. "

" Of course. Who am I to exploit your secrets? "

" Uh huh. Says the man who gave away my secret honey stash. Easier said than done, I suppose. "

" Okay, that was one time. Besides, Solar only took a jar or two. "

Blaze yelped when Cyclone flicked his forehead. " That's enough talk for tonight. It's way passed your bedtime, young man. "

" Alright, alright! I'll go to bed.. " Blaze pouted as he stood up, taking the blanket with him.

Cyclone led the younger fairy to the door and saw him out. He didn't mind that he took the blanket with him. " You sure you can go home on your own? I can send you if you want. "