The Summer Border

The Summer fairies led the Winter fairies fields of long grass filled with little animals running around. The Animal fairies in the area greeted them but couldn't stay long because they needed to look after the hyper squirrels and mice.

A baby bunny approached Quake who was startled by it. The little bunny beckoned for a pet. Quake, unfamiliar with the warmer color of the bunny rather than a white coat, was hesitant.

Gopal went to his side and pet the bunny. He gave Quake a confident smile and gestured to the bunny. The Icicle fairy seemed to gain some confidence and reached his hand out to the bunny. The bunny leaned into his touch, which gave Quake a second of surprise but was quickly replaced by a smile of satisfaction. He and Gopal laughed together when a few more bunnies hopped their way.

Blaze and Ice turned to each other and chuckled together before the Fire fairy pulled Ice forward. The group then led the Winter fairies to the workshops in the hollow trees. The workspace was open and bright under the morning sun, unlike the most of the Winter border's workshops which were indoors.

Thunder was immediately interested as Cyclone immersed himself into explaining the knickknacks around his own workbench. The Wind fairy even quickly carved out a wooden snowflake for the Frost fairy, which Thunder accepted amusingly.

They arrived at the rivers and lakes, where Water fairies were collecting water for the flowers. Some were even just having fun and dancing on the surface of the waters. Ice dropped down at the river banks and ended up dragging Blaze down with him. The Snowflake fairy collected water in his hands and was surprised when the water didn't freeze into ice in his hands.

He suddenly fell backwards when something immerged from the water and splashed him with water. He basically climbed onto Blaze in a fright. Blaze gave his brother a second to calm down and he pat him gently, telling him that it was alright.

Ice trusted him and opened his eyes to see tadpoles looking up at him from the water. Ice was no longer scared and even approached the creatures when Blaze put him down. Ice slowly lowered his hand on their silky heads, he was taken by their adorableness. One of the tadpoles blew a water bubble for him, which popped right in his and Blaze's faces.

A Water fairy came and gathered the tadpoles together. The fairy gave them an apology on behalf on the little animals for playing around. The two brother fairies didn't mind it and waved the tadpoles goodbye as the fairy brought them away. The tadpoles kept looking back and jumping about say their goodbyes.

The Fire fairy and Snowflake fairy caught each other's gazes and couldn't hold back a burst of laughter.

Leaf held Solar's hand as they ran through the flower meadow. Behind them, the others entered the field of flowers and plants. Arguably one of the best parts of the Summer border, the Summer fairies kept that area till later in the day. The Winter fairies adored the sight of the different flowers and colorful view.

They fluttered around and took their time in the meadow. They didn't know where Leaf and Solar went, but they were too caught up with each other to pay it to any mind.

Yaya and Ying flew around the Winter fairies with other Nature fairies following them. Colorful flower petals surrounded them, alluring the Winter fairies. Water fairies from their last destination appeared and danced above them, drizzles of water dropping onto them.

Light fairies fluttered not far from them, collecting the late light in makeshift cases. Some of the Light fairies redirected the rays of light to touch the droplets of water created by the Water fairies. The Winter fairies' eyes were suddenly showered with endless rows of colors of the rainbow.

Thunder nearly teared up at the sight when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around to see Cyclone slightly bowed, a red rose offered in his hand. For a moment, the glow of their wings seemed brighter amidst the reflecting water droplets and sunlight.