Carving Snowflakes

" It's time to make those snowflakes! " Ice said happily. Although it wasn't the first time he has experienced this, it was by far the best and funnest activity he's ever done. " What kind of patterns can we do this time? "

" The options are limitless, Ice. Let your imagination go wild, " Quake smiled at him from their dinner table. Ice's eyes twinkled.

" Ohh! I have one in mind already! "

Thunder and Quake looked at Ice with loving eyes. Since Ice was a snowflake fairy, it was his job along with many others to carve countless amounts of snowflakes to send to the mainland for winter.

Of course, it was not limited to only snowflake fairies. Although snowflake fairies have the upper hand on efficiency, icicle fairies, snow fairies and frost fairies are very much needed as well.

" Well, I'll be off now. I need to prepare the ice for crafting, " Quake announced, standing up from the dinner table.

Icicle fairies prepare the giant ice to be carved into snowflakes. Snow fairies in general are a must for winter time in the mainland. Frost fairies are also needed to apply frost to the flora in the mainland to preserve them.

" Alright then. We will meet you there, " Thunder waved him goodbye. Ice gave him a big hug and waved back at him too.

" Come on, Ice. Your breakfast is already done. " Ice pouted at the older fairy.

" But I want to keep thinking of patterns for my snowflakes! "

" You can think as you eat, can't you? You'll be fine anyway, " Thunder beckoned him over to the table. " Come on, eat up. You don't want to be late. "

.............

After having a quick breakfast, Thunder and Ice went to the bottom of the Crystal Willow, where all the winter fairies gather to do their respective works. Flying swiftly under the roots of the sacred tree, it revealed a whole other space there.

That place, however, was not the workplace for the snowflake carving. Thunder just took Ice there so that they could gather their tools to bring along.

They arrived at their little own space a few floors from the ground. Thunder left Ice sitting on one of the makeshift stools he made and went to the work table. He started pulling out drawers and taking one or two tools from some of them.

" We would need one of those sharp things, and another not so sharp thing... Uh.. What were they called again? " Ice tilted his head at Thunder.

" A needle and chisel, " Thunder answered. He pulled out more stuff from the bottom of the table. He turned around carrying a handful of things. " Could you get me a leaf bag, please? "

Ice nodded and left him briefly to get the blueish leaf bag. After putting all the tools in they left the work burrow to go to the work place.

It wasn't far. Just beside the frozen lake the trio would watch the night sky from. They met Quake there once more, with some big old icicles and ice cubes ready to go. Some fairies were a,ready there, working away. Kaizo and Fang were there too, ready to help.

" It's one of those big events that gather all of the winter fairies together to one place. Aside from going to the mainland, this is one of the most enjoyable there is, " Kaizo nodded confidently.

They couldn't help but agree. Ice was losing patience. " Come on, come on! Let's get to work! "

Eventually they were making massive snowflakes nonstop. The icicle fairies made the ice thin enough to be chiseled through, while the other fairies helped design them. The bigger fairies helped to move the finished products to the side.

Ice eyed them for a moment. " The letter was sent out to the Summer border already, right? Will the baskets be here soon? "

Thunder nodded to him. " I heard the letter was sent out a few days ago. As for when they will get here, we will know when we see the snow owls coming. "

Ice tapped the snowflake he was working on. " Well, they better arrive soon. We need to store these until we go to the mainland. " He looked at Thunder and the two brothers beside them. " Every one of us is going to the mainland, right? "

Kaizo stopped his chiseling. " Of course. Only wingless fairies can't go to the mainland. " Ice looked back at them, a little confused.

" Wingless fairies? There are wingless fairies? " he asked.

Fang laughed. " Of course not! It's just a way of saying that no one isn't able to go to the mainland because all of them have wings to fly. Wingless fairies cannot fly, there's no way they exist. "

Ice raised an eyebrow. " A fairy who can't fly? I feel bad for those fairies who don't have wings..... "

Thunder pet his head. " There's no need to, because they don't exist. All fairies have wings. " Ice smiled at him, and nodded. They went back to their carving after that.

...............

A full day has passed, and they've make a good amount of snowflakes already. They called it a day and were more determined to make more the next day.

Thunder, Quake and Ice went back home together, and they brought back their tools with them to use the next day.

Quake took over making dinner because Thunder needed to help sharpen the tools. He and Ice would help, but they would rather leave the tinkering to Thunder since he was the one who invented many contractions for them to use in the first place.

Before Thunder started to tinker about, they were making snowflakes much slower than they were now. Using bare hands to make snowflakes wasn't the best back then.

Dinner was simple, but enjoyable nonetheless. Quake offered to make tea for them after the meal as well. Thunder told them that he needed to go out for a bit during then too.

Ice accompanied Thunder to put the tools into a little drawer in their storage. With the both of them not speaking, it was a calm atmosphere.

" Thunder, would there be any chance that wingless fairies actually do exist? " Ice suddenly asked. Thunder stopped his activities and turned to him. Ice shrugged. " Just like the Soul Wings and the Familiar Eyes, are they just a saying? "

Thunder thought for a while. Huffing as he stood up, he went towards Ice. " You're right. We don't know if they are real or not. For all we know, they could be, and they are around us right now. "

" But won't it be sad that they can't fly? They must feel so left out... "

Thunder sighed at Ice's pure heart. " If we really do find one, we will make sure they are happy. " Ice looked at him in the eyes, smiling and nodding afterwards. However, he went back into thought, and wanted to ask another question.

" What do you think about the Soul Wings myth then? Do you think they are real? "

Thunder halted when he was almost out the door. His shoulders relaxed. Ice awaited his response.

" Some people think it's a myth. I think it's destiny. "