Miracles Do Happen

You sat there in utter silence, holding his hand and staring at Thomas in what he called his "death bed". But you disagreed whenever he said that. You just thought of it as a place he was temporarily staying in while he was battling cancer. "Love, what are you still doing up?" He said weakly as his eyes opened slowly. "I couldn't sleep." You lied, you just didn't want to sleep at all, especially at a time like this. Thomas's grip tightened on your hand for a brief moment. "I hate this." He mumbled. "Its okay Thomas, I'm here to keep you company." You smiled weakly, hoping the dim light of the hospital room would hide your tears. "That's exactly it, I don't care about me, I hate what this is doing to you, you don't deserve to have to go through this with me, spending your time with a guy who's going to die within weeks." You loved how he was concerned for you, instead of himself, but you weren't the problem. "Thomas, you aren't going to die, not yet at least." Thomas just sighed. "Yes I am, I overheard the doctors talking." You played with the ring that was on his finger, your wedding ring, the one that he refused to take off even though the doctors insisted. "You are so strong darling, that's just another reason why I married you, you will get through this, we will get though this, who cares what the doctors say, I believe in you." Thomas moved over slightly and you got off the chair you were sitting on and laid beside him, even though the hospital bed was only for one. He wrapped his arm around you and you rested your head on the crook of his neck. "How are you so sure that I will get through this." He set his head on yours and you both looked up at the ceiling as if it was the night sky and there was millions of stars out, like on your first date when he took you on a picnic in the park, even now, you still thought it was the most romantic date you'd ever been on. "I know because I need you here, we need you here." You said gesturing to your stomach. "We?" Thomas lifted his head slightly. "Are you?" You nodded slightly. "Yes sweetie, I'm pregnant." A smile appeared across Thomas's face, the biggest smile you'd seen out of him in months. "Y/n." He looked over at you. "I'm going to kick cancers ass."

1 year later

"Thomas it's your turn to feed her!" You yelled across the hall as Thomas came into the kitchen with a full head of hair and a smile on his face. "Gladly." He kissed you on the cheek and picked up a bowl of your daughter's baby food. "Here comes the airplane!" He said playfully as he fed her. You walked over to him and wrapped your arms around his chest. "Did I ever tell you how proud I was of you?" You giggled. "You remind me every day love, but you're the one I'm proud of." He picked up your daughter and set her on his lap. "How so?" You asked curiously. "You gave me our beautiful child, and without you I don't think I would've beat cancer. You have way more reasons to be proud than I ever will, I love you so much." You smiled as a tear filled up your eye. "And I love you too."

A/n: This imagine goes out to anyone who is or knows someone who is dealing with cancer, or any type of disease or illness. Stay strong! Ily!