Fuzzy peaches

"Hey, I need to talk to you, meet at the usual?" You texted your best friend Thomas in tears. "definitely, be right there." You put on an old pair of jeans and grabbed your jacket. You walked down a path that was so familiar to you. At the end of it was a huge oak tree that you and Thomas had found when you were just children. You sat down, resting your head against the tree, letting a few years roll down your cheek as you waited for Thomas. "Y/n, what's wrong?" You lifted your head to see Thomas standing in front of you with a concerned look on his face. "He cheated on me." You mumbled weakly. You and your boyfriend had been together for over a year. "What?" Thomas sat down next to you, wrapping you into a hug. "He told me he was working late, so I wanted to surprise him by bringing him food from his favourite restaurant, but when I got there he was with-" You started crying into Thomas's chest. He stroked your hair gently. "Shh... Y/n it's gonna be okay. Guess what I brought." You lifted your head excitedly, and a small smile showed up on your face. "You didn't." Thomas smirked. "But I did." Thomas then pulled out a bag of fuzzy peaches and opened it up. It started many years ago when the two of you would always go to the nearest variety store down the street and buy a bag of fuzzy peaches to split, once a week, every week. The two of you stopped doing that not long after you started dating your now ex boyfriend. "I haven't had fuzzy peaches in so long. This is so sweet." You smiled setting a fuzzy peach on your tongue. "You know" Thomas began "I always thought you could do much better than that jackass." You rested you head on his shoulder. "Why didn't you say anything?" Thomas looked down at you, his big brown eyes staring into yours. "I didn't want to seem like a selfish bastard that wanted to steal his girl." You lifted your head lightly. "Why would you think that?" Thomas paused. "Maybe because I am a selfish bastard that wanted to steal his girl." You blushed, did your best friend just say that? Just then you didn't care about what had happened with your previous boyfriend. Thomas had been the one that always cared about you, the one that was actually there for you, when your boyfriend wasn't. "Y/n" Thomas said interrupting your thoughts. "Listen, I know this probably sounds weird coming from your best friend, and I know you just got out of a relationship, but I need to say this before I miss my chance again. You are the most perfect girl I have ever met. Every time you called me saying that you were lonely because your boyfriend wasn't home, I dropped everything and ran over to your house, just to see you in a baggy sweatshirt, and your favourite jeans, and your hair in a messy bun, and we would sit down and watch a movie together, usually it would be a really old one, because I know those are your favourites. To me you are so amazing, and I want you to always remember that, even if you don't love me as much as I love you." Tears started to form in your eyes, but not tears of sadness, tears of joy. You then grabbed Thomas and pulled him into a passionate kiss. It ended very quick, to quick actually. "I'm so sorry." You mumbled. "Sorry for what?" He brushed his hair out his face with a smirk. "Sorry I didn't realize that you were the one I was in love with sooner."