The Flower Shop

You had just started your new job at a flower shop a couple blocks from your house. You had to admit, you were pretty good at your job, but your favourite part about it was seeing Thomas on a regular basis. You hadn't actually met, but he worked there too. You didn't really have the confidence to go up and say high to him, all you would do is smile and blush when he smiled at you. You were about to head home for the day when your boss stopped you. "Y/n, I have a bit of a situation. I have so much to do but I don't have time to get everything done. If you aren't busy maybe you could help out a bit, only for an extra hour or so, and don't worry, you won't be all alone, I think Thomas is also working late tonight." She said to you. "No I don't have anything going on tonight, I can help." You said trying to act calm. The truth was, you just wanted to spend some alone time with Thomas, actually start a conversation with him, plus it's not like you had anything to do anyways, you were just planning on sitting in your bed reading. "What do you need me to do?" Your boss walked over to the shelf and handed you 2 trays of flowers. "I need you to go plant these in the back." You nodded and your boss left, leaving you the keys to lock up afterwards. You took the flower trays into the back, where there was a small green room for extra plants. Thomas was trimming a hedge when you walked in. You walked past him quickly trying not to make eye contact with him, because even though he didn't say anything, you were still blushing. Thankfully he didn't seem to notice you. You began to plant the first tray of plants when you realized you left your shovel over on the rack by the door. So you stood up and walked over to get it. You slightly glanced over to Thomas who seemed to be staring at you as he walked around trimming the hedge. He stumbled a little, like he tripped over his own foot, making you slightly laugh. You grabbed your shovel and walked back to the flowerbeds you just bent down to begin digging when you heard Thomas say something. "Shit!" He mumbled quite loudly. You turned around to see him holding his hand, and you saw blood. Immediately you stood up and ran over to get the first aid kit. When you brought it back to him he had a very pained look on his face. "Let me see." Thomas held out his hand and there was a huge gash on his finger. You pulled out the disinfectant and poured it onto a cloth. "This may sting a little." You then dabbed it on his finger and he winced in pain. "I'm sorry." You mumbled awkwardly. "Nah it's fine." He said shutting his eyes for a brief moment. "W-what happened?" Thomas paused. "I um was trimming the hedge when my finger accidentally got in the way." You weren't the most social person in the world, but you knew a lie when you heard one. "Really?" You said in disbelief. "No. I was a bit distracted." Thomas murmured quietly looking down. "distracted by what?" You asked as you began to wrap the bandage around his finger. "By you." You then paused and looked up and Thomas, his eyes were staring right into yours. "Me?" You asked in shock. "You think I don't notice you, well I do. I notice everything you do, how you are always rushing around just to please anyone and everyone, how you always bring a book in to read on your break, how you always rush past me just so you hope I don't notice you blushing. I notice, and I think it's adorable." You looked down, trying to keep your excitement to a minimal. "Will you go on a date with me sometime?" All you could do was nod and bite your bottom lip. It's what you always wanted, to have Thomas Sangster ask you on a date, and it was happening. You finished bandaging him up. "Thanks love." You smiled. "No problem, now if you excuse me, I have a ton of flowers to plant." You said standing up. "Let me help you." Thomas said grabbing an extra shovel and you both began gardening together.