Happy Endings

You sat alone on your couch staring at your laptop with tears in your eyes. You loved Thomas to pieces but his fans didn't seem to feel the same way about you. All the hate you were getting about how you weren't pretty enough to date Thomas Sangster and much more. Normally you'd ignore all the comments but today it really got to you when one of his fans came up to you at work, called you a bitch, and left. Thomas always says "They are just jealous I get to spend all my time with such a beautiful girl." And usually that made you feel better, but Thomas wasn't even home. You cried as teardrops stained your clothes. Suddenly the door opened and you heard Thomas walk in. "Hey y/n, have you seen-" He started but as he walked in the room he froze, looking at your red, puffy face. "What's wrong?" He sat down next to you. Before you could answer he took your laptop from you and scrolled through all the comments his fans left. His face was full of concern, anger, and sadness. You were hoping for a reassuring hug and a sweet comment like he usually gave you, but what he said next put you in shock. "Y/n I know this is a horrible time but I'm afraid I have to say it. I think we should break up." You were so surprised you forgot to breath. Why would he do this? Out of all times, why now? "W-what?" You stuttered. "I'm so sorry." Thomas set your laptop down and stood up. "So that's it? It's over just like that? All those months we spent together, for nothing?" You were more full of sadness than anger, but the way you were speaking it seemed like the other way around. "I have to go." And with that he left, leaving you hanging trying to figure out what just happened.

You laid in your bed for 3 days straight attempting to cope with your break up. You were still in shock. One minute you were crying about how much stress you are under because of your boyfriend, the next you are crying because the love of your life broke your heart and now you are once again, single. You hated the thought of being single. It was difficult enough to find the person that meant the most to you in your life, but now? Thomas was your everything and there is no one that can replace that. You decided to finally get out of bed and go for a walk to get some fresh air. It was a beautiful day but all you could see was grey. Your mind started to wander and you stared at the ground. Why does it always rain in sad parts of movies? Rain is so beautiful and it's fun to jump around in puddles. You were pulled away from your thoughts when you ran into someone. You looked up to see the last person in the world you would want to see right now. Thomas. "You've got to be kidding me." You mumbled under your breath. "Y/n, I was kind of hoping I would run into you." He put his hands in his pockets. "That makes one of us." You sighed, refusing to make eye contact. "Okay I know you're mad-" Thomas started but you cut him off. "Mad? Mad doesn't even begin to describe what I feel right now! You are such a jerk! You saw all the hate I was getting from YOUR fans, but I stuck by you. Oh and hint of advice, next time you break up with a girl, don't do it when she's already crying, understand?" You took a deep breath. It felt really good to get that off your chest, but you still didn't feel satisfied for some reason. "I know I screwed up, but trust me, it was out of love." You let out a small laugh. "Love. That's funny." Thomas had a sorrowful look on his face, almost as if he was begging you. "It was I swear. Y/n, I am so in love with you and I always will be for the rest of my life. The reason why I broke up with you is because I saw the way you were being treated and it was my fault, so I knew that if we weren't an item anymore then all of that would go away." Suddenly it started to rain. Of course right on cue. It's like you were living in one of those stupid sappy romantic movies. "Thomas sure once and awhile I am going to get upset about the hate, but I know as time goes on it will all stop anyways. And I would much rather be judged constantly on the Internet then live my life without you." Thomas smiled and so did you. As the rain poured down on you the two of you just stared into each other's eyes. Then you jumped, and splashed water all over yours and Thomas's legs, causing you both to giggle. "You are such a child." He shook his head in awe. "Hey, I can't help it, you know I love puddles." You smirked. "And I love you." Thomas took his jacket off and wrapped it around you, pulling you into a kiss. Kissing in the rain. Defiantly a stupid sappy romantic movie, but honestly, you liked the ending.