Soulmates

You had just sat down to watch some tv when you got a text that said it was from Thomas's phone. "Hi y/n! Can you pretty please come over, Tommy is being boring and no fun!" Immediately you knew that text wasn't from your best friend Thomas, but his four year old little sister, Valerie. Since you were so close with Thomas, you had gotten to know Valerie pretty well too. You put your shoes and coat on and grabbed your car keys and headed over to Thomas's house.

Once you got there you just let yourself in. It was something you always did, and no one in his family minded because you were seen at his house so often, you even knew that there was a hidden key under the doormat. As you hung your coat up on the rack you were greeted by Valerie who was running up to you. "Hi!" She waved excitedly. You smiled and waved back. "Hello Valerie. What have you been up to?" You said bending down so you were her height. "Nothing fun, all Tommy wants to do is watch tv, he's being really boring and won't play with me." You knew Thomas was an amazing older brother, he always made Valerie snacks, helped her out with cleaning her room, stuff like that, but sometimes he would rather sit down and watch tv instead of playing dolls or princess with her. "Well let's go talk to Thomas about that." You said and Valerie grabbed your hand and brought you into their living room, where Thomas was watching tv and eating a bowl of chips. "Hey y/n, what are you doing here?" He said with a confused look on his face. "Valerie texted me with your phone saying you were being no fun." Thomas gave Valerie a look and she hid behind your legs giggling. "Where are your parents tonight?" You asked sitting down on the carpet next to Valerie, while Thomas sat on the couch beside you. "Mommy and Daddy went to a fancy party" Valerie said as she picked up some of her toys. "The one at the banquet hall downtown." Thomas added. "So I'm babysitting." He looked back up at the tv. "Well you are doing a great job of that." You rolled your eyes sarcastically. "Hey Valerie, do you wanna play a game of scrabble with Thomas and I?" You didn't even have to ask Thomas if he wanted to play, it's his favourite board game since he is so good at it, and he would never turn down another chance to win. "Ya!" She said excitedly running into the other room to get the game. Valerie was also very good at scrabble, better than you even, so she hated when you tried to go easy on her. Valerie came back into the room and set up the game. You were only a few minutes into the game and you were already losing, by a lot. "Soulmates." Thomas said as he counted up the points for his word. "What are soulmates?" Valerie said looking at the word. Thomas smiled and looked at the ground. "Soulmates are people who belong together, people who care for each other no matter what. Would do anything for one another, even if it's just to make them smile. Sometimes one person doesn't even know who their soulmate is, but the other person does, and will do whatever it takes to get them to realize it." Thomas was still looking at the ground, it almost looked like he was... blushing. He then looked up and stared into your eyes. You smiled, thinking about how dorky your best friend was. You continued with the game until Thomas noticed Valerie yawn. "Okay Val, I think that's enough for tonight." Thomas said picking her up. "But I'm not tired Tommy, really, I'm fine!" She said trying to act as energetic as possible, but Thomas could tell she was exhausted. "You're lucky I let you stay up past your bedtime, Mom and Dad won't be very happy if you are up for much longer." Valerie sighed and rested her head on Thomas's shoulder. Thomas carried her upstairs to put her to bed as you went into the kitchen to get something to eat. When he came back down you were sitting at the table eating a bowl of ice cream. Thomas then went into the kitchen and came back with a second spoon. "Mind if I join you?" He asked jokingly sitting down. "Why not, this is your house, and frankly your ice cream." You both laughed as he took a bite. "Thanks for coming over tonight, Val was being quite annoying." You took another bite of ice cream. "Well according to Valerie, you were the annoying one." He smiled and shook his head. "How are you so good at scrabble by the way?" You asked remembering how badly you lost. "Well I don't know, I guess I'm just a genius." Thomas shrugged. "How do you know so much about soulmates and all that stuff? Are you, in love with anyone or something?" Thomas paused, he looked very uncomfortable, yet shy. There was agony in his eyes. "Whats she like?" You asked curiously, trying to figure out who she was. "Well, she has beautiful (y/h/c) hair, and is so sweet, and funny, and whenever she walks into a room, my heart skips a beat. The only problem is she doesn't know how I feel, and I think if I tell her it will ruin everything." Suddenly a wave of jealousy came over you. Why? Were you in love with him? Oh no. He was telling you about how much he loved this girl, and now you get feelings for him? How could you only realize this now? "Y/n?" Thomas interrupted you, waving a hand in front of your face. "Ya, ya, ya, sorry, continue." You said embarrassed. "Anyways, I want to tell her so bad, but I just don't know how." You decided to push your stupid feelings to the side and help the poor guy out. "You should just be honest with her, the least she could do is say no. And how on earth could she reject such a sweet guy like you." Thomas smiled and blushed. "Um, okay, uh, I just wanted to tell you that I think your perfect, and I love you so much. From the moment I met you, I knew that I was gonna end up head over heels for you, and here I am." Thomas let out a worried laugh. "I would do anything for you, and I guess I just want you to be mine so bad, will you?" Thomas looked into your eyes, which made you feel like you could melt. Tears appeared in your eyes, but you shook them off realizing that once Thomas told this to the girl he loved, he could never be yours. "That's great. Very flattering, there is no way she will say no. Now you should go tell her." You said searching for an excuse to leave so you could go home and cry. "But I just did." Thomas grabbed your hands. You were in shock. Your heart felt like it was going to jump right out of your chest. Without thinking you pulled him into a passionate kiss, and he wrapped his arms around you, everything was perfect. "Tommy?" You both then heard coming from the stairs. You both looked over to see Valerie standing at the bottom with her mouth hanging open. You and Thomas both let out a small laugh and sat back down in your seats. Valerie then ran over and crawled onto Thomas's lap. "Val, I thought you were asleep." Thomas stuttered as you both smiled at each other. "I got hungry." Valerie took Thomas's spoon and took a big bite of ice cream. She then set the spoon back down and looked up at Thomas. "Is she your soulmate?" Valerie whispered into his ear, but you could still hear her. "Yeah." Thomas smiled at you with love and kindness in his eyes. "Yeah she is."

A/n: So sorry this took so long to write! Wattpad wasn't working so I couldn't work on it and ugh! Hope all the fluffiness makes up for it!<3