About time

All our heads turn towards the stage, the whole room gone quiet, the silence is too loud for my liking. I feel Eesha sneak up next to me, Bokuto and Tendou turning their heads toward the large stage pausing their game of chopsticks, from what it looked like Tendou won. I feel my hands get all sweaty, I hate to admit it but I was nervous. This promotion meant alot to my group, we lost a member from a mission, we had to deal with injuries, and another arrested. I think its finally time we get into the higher ranks, it's about time we gain more power and money.

"Thank you all for coming here tonight, IM sure you all know that I will promote a group to work alongside me!" He says, his smile bright as ever.

He was around his mid 40s, about 5'11, slanted gold eyes, brown hair, and a defined face. To be honest he was pretty handsome for his age. I can see wrinkles around his forehead and some smile lines, still he managed to look youthful enough.

"Even though you do not get promoted, I still want to say you've all done a great job over the year, you protected the underground scene, you protested me, us" He cooed " Now lets get down to buisness"

He walkes into the darkness from where I am, I'm assuming the backstage. He appears again with a brighter smile.

"Now" he says dramatically " I'd like to call up...."

Agonizing scilence, he's trying to make it too dramatic, I hopes he hurries it up, I might pee my pants I'm barely holding on.

"The Shadows!" He shouts enthusiastically.

Hearing that my jaw basically dropped and rolled down onto the floor, Eesha closed my mouth lightly with her left hand, I look around everybody had their eyes on us, I feel anxious yet confident, we got picked! HAHA take that Atsumu! Tendou and Bokuto both make a squealing noise, not loud enough for others to hear. Eesha wraps her arm around mine and Kenma's shoulders and guides us to the stage, the other following behind. I try my best to look confident but it's the first time I'll have interaction with such a powerful man. Once we get to the stage, Shade strides towards us and shakes his hand with everyone. Then lastly mine, his hands were big compared to mine, mine were clamy, his were nice and soft I can feel the slight bumps of his veins. He smiled at me and gave me a reassuring nod, I smile back. I'm starting to feel reality set in, I got promoted to work alongside a big mafia boss, with my friends who I love more than anything, this job can be a disaster, it's dangerous, but it has it's perks. With all these thoughts hammering my head  I wrapped my arms around Tendou and Bokutos shoulders bringing them in, they squish closer, I can feel their heavy breathing from my sides. I was proud of them and myself. I did it. Finally. After all this hard work. I did it. No, we did it.

"We did it guys!" I say pulling the boys closer into my arms, they head to bend down a little bit to reach my height. I looked up to Eesha who had a smirk on her face, I turn around to see Kuroo basically holding Kenma bridal style. We deserved this moment, after everything, we really did.

I can hear applauds coming from everywhere in this room, I look into the crowd faces blurry due to the distance, flashing lights, little cheers coming from under, I felt Shade's hand on my shoulder, he gave me a thumbs up. I giggled and gave him a thumbs up, I was surprised as to how friendly he was, I thought he would be more quiet and reserved however, hes quite friendly.

"Now, let's enjoy ourselves!" Shade exclaims.

"Let's get this party started!" I exclaim.

*Sometime passes after the event"

"Hop out, drop top, f*ck ya talkin' I need it right now~" The speaker blasted.

Me, Tendou, and Bokutos sang along. Eesha bopping her head to the music, the bops matching the beats, Kuroo forcing Kenma to slow dance with him, I giggle at the sight seeing Kenma get all embarrassed.

"CASH IN THE AIR, YEAH WHAT GOES UP COMES DOWN!" Me and Tendou scream at the top of our lungs in unison.

We are currently in Bokuto's basement having a mini celebration. Shades ordered us to go to his headquarters tomorrow noon. So we took the chance to celebrate our promotion.

We were screaming at the top of our lungs to some tunes, this is one of those moments I want to cherish, I felt happy, for a moment I forgot about all the worries to come, my only worry now was another cup of beer. Bokuto and Tendou were in the corner of the room tossing a ball at eachother, laughing. Eesha and I were doing stupid little dances, laughing at eachother. Kenma and Kuroo somehwere long gone, I think they have something going on, I always though that, I just don't say anything.

"SWANNGG" Bokuto sang throwing the ball at Tendou.

"Ayo don't get too cocky dude, your face is my next aim!" Tendou threatens.

"Oh yeah? Try me!" Bokuto says shaking his hips, probably trying to twerk, I make an odd face at him and Eesha lets out a snort.

" Yall chill, let me join!" I say joining their game.

A stress free night but, whats to come tomorrow?