Two oceans apart *SMUT*

Its been a few days after our mission failed. I cannot form in words how upset I was. I have to admit I did have unrealisticly high expectations for myself, I felt as if I depended on everyone else too much. I was supposed to be this great boss that cheered up everyone, but I just wanted to sit around in a corner and drown in my sorrows. However I don't, I don't want them to know what was going through my had, even though it's obvious I broke down last night. I still had to put on a fake smile, I just had to, it was my duty.

I looked myself in the mirror, my eyebags were visible, my hair a mess, and my eyes face was puffy. Gosh why do I have to look so bad when I wake up? The sunlight reflected on my skin, the shadow of the blinds creating parallel lines.

I have to fight just to do something, I have to fight even if I have nothing, even if I lose again, I can't quit! I slap cheeks with both my hands. I try my best to smile at myself, I point finger guns at myself.

"You can do this," I sigh.

_______________

It was 1:30 PM. Everyone left to get McDonalds for lunch, I was still full from breakfast. I downed 6 waffles, a tube of yogurt, and a mini box of fruit salad, man I was bloated. I found myself binging on food throughout the week.

We spent the whole week just sitting around doing nothing, we were all lacking motivation. I found myself spending alot of time with Rin doing stupid things. I forced him to do "Just dance" with me when we were alone. This was definitely something out of his comfort zone, he was very uncomfortable at first, but when I accused him of being a bad dancer, he really proved me wrong with his moves. I was surprised he took me so seriously, but it was fun seeing him comfortable enough to be himself. He had a fun side to him that no one seemed to know but me, we did "Just dance" everytime no one was in sight. I joke around alot but Rin takes me seriously making it even funnier. Everytime I laugh at him he looks dumbfounded. I was thankful I opened up to Rin, there was something in the air around us...although I don't know what. But being alone in a room with him made me nervous, but I tried hiding it by doing something stupid or distracting myself with food.

Over the week I found myself getting slightly more attached to him and actuallay seeing him as my friend. I started to care for him, I wanted to crack his shell, I wanted to see who he really was. I wanted to see him stupid smile, I don't know why. I hated myself for feeling this way, but my heart makes me want keep cracking his shell till it breaks. I'll crack it.

Rin said he wanted to talk to me in his room upstairs. Lucky bastard had his own room, I roll my eyes in envy.

Right now I was walking up the stairs, I wonder what Rin wanted to talk about. I near the door to Rin's room, it was made of some kind of wood, I have no idea which kind. I know slightly hesitant.

"Come in," His voice rumbles from the other side of the door.

I turn the knob, opening the door. Ahead of me sits Rin on a leather chair, a queen bed placed near it, he had a big window right behind his bed. Outside the window the clouds were dark, it was sunny earlier but looks like the weather's having mood swings today. Rin was wearing a maroon t-shirt with black joggers, matching his vibe.

"You wanted to talk?" I say shutting the door and slightly leaning on it.

"Leave this mission," Rin says in a demanding voice.

My eyes grow wide, my brows furrow in confusion, so many questions filling up my mind. Why does he want me to leave the mission? Does he think I'm a failure? I thought we were getting along? Did I say something?

"Wh-why...what happend, Rin?!" I ask my voice cracks slightly.

"We knew from the beginning you weren't good enough, y/n," He says sounding bored like he did the first time we met.