Chapter 10 Memories of My Outlaw Past and Wasted youth

this chapter of this story about the Lincoln War is about an young man who is growing older. and is looking back on his life as an legendary outlaw and how he wasted his youth being an outlaw. some of the memories are good and some of the memories sad and heart breaking.

it is a cold Winters day I sit alone in my ranch house looking out the window watching the snow fall. it is cold enough for it to snow here in Lincoln County New Mexico. my mind starts going back to memories of the days that I was an legendary. and how I had wasted my youth back then. I am growing older now and I am no longer the young boy who was taken in by John Tunstall all those years ago. I remember the fun that we had with Mr. Tunstall most all his Halloween parties. and how after one Halloween party where I had got the life scared out of me by seeing the headless horseman of New Mexico and how nobody believed me. nobody that is but Chavez and Doc Scurlock and Mr. Tunstall. but sadly the good times came to a sad end the day that Mr. Tunstall was murdered right before my eyes. a single tear falls a sad remembrance of my friends that are no longer with me. because death had took them and others had moved far away from Lincoln County New Mexico. the day that Mr. Tunstall was murdered was the start of my life as an outlaw. there has been many days that I just felt giving up but his memory had kept me fighting on. but those days are over now because I now have the ranch that I have always dreamed of and a family to look after. this is for you John Tunstall I know that you are watching over me from heaven on high and smiling. because I have made you proud of me.