Chapter 7

"A-Alex please take care of Zain," I said while handing bloody Zain to Alex. I ran to the surgery room and look at dad with teary eyes. I cleaned him up and started the work.

After 3 hours I walked out while tears kept running down my eyes, I saw Sanjana and Alex and walked up to them. Zain was sleeping in Sanjana's arms.

"How is he? How did all of this happen?" "I-I don't know, he-he is suffering from heart cancer and-and is on the last state," I said between my sobs.

Sanjana handed Zain to Alex and hugged me letting me cry on her shoulders. "Shh, nothing will happen, you'll save him" I shook my head while pulling away.

"N-Nothing can happen, I-I failed my duties as a daughter, I-I failed to protect him Sanjana" "No, Jannat, that's not true, you are the best daughter he could ask for"

I shook my head while looking at her with tears streaming down my now red puffy eyes. "I-I failed in everything, a-as a doctor I couldn't even see his pain. W-What do I do? I-I can't lose him Sanjana!" I almost shouted and fell on my knees.

I felt small arms wrapping around my neck, "M-Mommy, grandpa" I wrapped my arms around him and cried on his little shoulders. I picked him up and went to dad's room where the nurses had shited him.

I put Zain on the sofa and put the blanket over him. Seating beside dad on the chair, I held onto his hand. "Abbu, please...." "Jannat, don't cry baby" he whispered while smiling weakly.

"A-Abbu, please don't leave me... I-I won't be able to live without you, I can't lose you. Who will scold me? W-Who will I talk to? W-Who will treat me like a princess like you?"

He shook his head and took a deep breath. "I'm not leaving you, I'll always be by your side, I'll always be here," He said pointing towards my heart.

I hugged him and cried on his shoulder. "Now tell me how much time do I have left?" "2-2 weeks," I said while hugging him tighter.

I can't let you die, dad, I can't, I'll do anything to save you. If you'll leave then I'll have no one beside me, no one will love me as you do, no one will be there for me.

Makson Kingston P.O.V.
"Sir, you've been spacing out a lot" I nodded my head and loosened my tie. "How has my mother been?" "Sir, she went to the hospital today" I quickly stood up and looked at him.

I got my car keys and quickly went home. When I arrived home I saw mom and dad talking. "Makson, what are you doing here?" "What do you mean? This is my home" I said without looking at Maria.

"I forgot, you are always in your office and always in your own mansion-" "Maria not now!" I said while looking at her. She looked at me and sighed.

I walked towards dad-mom and sat beside mom while grabbing onto her hand. "Mom, you went to the hospital" "H-How did you know?" "Nothing can stay hidden from your son"

She sadly chuckled and nodded her head. "Baby, you know I love you, and I won't leave you" "What do you mean?" "I have kidney cancer Makson"

I couldn't believe my ears, all this time my mom had kidney cancer and I didn't know. "And you didn't dare to tell me?" "I found out today, but... But the doctor said that I just need surgery"

I shook my head and stood up, "No, we'll go to China, they'll do it probably" "Makson, listen to me, she is a very good doctor. If we do the surgery quickly then everything will be fine"

"And when do you want to do it?" "In a week" I have time, I'll meet this doctor and ask her everything, I'll see if she is caple enough. "Which hospital?" "City hospital"