Chapter 14

"Zain when I said no, then no," I said while putting the pin on my hijab and fixed my dress. "Mommy please, everyone will bring their dads, I will be the only one who won't have a dad"

I sighed and looked at him. "Zain, I understand baby, but your sweet uncle can't be your dad and you know it" "Mommy please, only this time"

I shook my head and started walking downstairs with him up in my arms. "Your uncle Usman will be with you on the sports day" "But he is my uncle" "And so is your sweet uncle"

I put him down on the chair and started making breakfast. "But it's a sports competition, last time only mommies were aloud, but this time it's only dads," He said while looking down at his hands.

I sighed while turning around to face him. I knew these days will come where he will ask for dad. Of course like all other children my child also needs a dad, who he can play with and talk with.

He of course also needs a dad and not only me. "Zain, your uncle Usman will come along with you, and that's it" I saw him nodding his head while playing with his fingers.

After breakfast, I dropped Zain at his school and I went to the hospital. I went straight to my office and started looking through my patient's files. I stood up and started walking towards the elevator.

"Jannat!" I smiled when I heard his voice. "Hey Alex" "Wow girl, I missed you" I chuckled and pressed on the 4th floor. "We were on work together yesterday" "Yeah, we talked for about 5 minutes when you had left because of your surgeries"

"How is Sanjana?" "She is good, she'll be back tomorrow, and guess what?" "What?" He took something out of his pocket. It was a little red box.

"No way! Are you?" "Yes, I'm finally gonna purpose her," He said and showed me the ring. "I'm so happy for you Alex, and I know she will love this"

He smiled and nodded his head, "But purpose her in a Bollywood way, you know her" We both started laughing while he nodded his head. "I know, I know, I got it all under my control"

We reached the 4th floor and I got off while he went to the 10th floor for surgery. "Hello, there grandma" "Oh, dear you came" I chuckled and walked in.

"Of course grandma, I missed you" She weakly chuckled and I walked towards her. "Very good, we have good results here grandma" "It's all because of you dear"

I smiled and sat on the chair beside her while holding onto her hand. "I'm happy that I could help you" She smiled and caressed my hand. "You have such a beautiful smile, but I wish it was real"

I looked at her confused. "Never hide your feelings or you will lock yourself" I looked at her shocked. "I can read everything from your eyes" I smiled sadly and kissed the back of her hand.

"Oh Dr Jannat, you're here" I stood up and saw her daughter walking in. I smiled and stood up, "just checking on your mother" She looked worried and walked towards grandma.

"Are you okay mom?" "I'm alright, where are my grandchildren?" "They are on their way" Her daughter looked at me and smiled, "Thank you so much, Dr Jannat, you saved my mother" "No-No, this is my job, and I only did my job, Allah did the rest"

AFTER 5 HOURS
I was in my office doing some work, since it was soon lunchtime for most of the nurses and doctors, I decided to meet up with Alex to know about his purpose ideas and to have a chit-chat with him.

I stood up and was gonna leave when my office phone ringed.

"Hello?"

"Dr Jannat, someone is here to meet you"

"Who is it?"

"He doesn't want me to tell you"

"I'll be down"

I sighed and started to walk to the elevator. I went down and walked up to the head nurse, "Who is it, Emily?" "It's-" "You already forgot me Jannat?"

I turned around to the familiar voice and there he was standing looking good as always. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a white shirt and dark blue tie. His hair was perfectly sat up and I guess his hair was longer than before.

"What are you doing here Mr not straight?" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him. "Not again," he said while walking towards me. "It's your lunch break right?" I nodded my head and looked at him confused.

"Then obviously I came to take you out for lunch" I smiled a little and took a step forward. "Ouch!" He shouted when I hit him on his head. "Do I look like I work in an office or what? I work in a hospital which means I'm not allowed to go out of the hospital"

"You could say it instead of hitting me" I was going to answer him when I heard Alex's voice. "Jannat, come on, let's have lunch," He said while walking up to me.

"Uhh, isn't this Makson Kingston?" He looked at me while I nodded my head. "You know him?" "I'll tell you later" I whispered back and looked at Makson. "I'll go now bye"

I kept looking at them, why does he keep staring at Alex? Don't tell me he likes Alex! I choked on my food and started coughing loudly. Alex was gonna hand me water but Makson was faster.

Omg, he doesn't even want Alex to touch me, this is serious, not this is an emergency. After lunch, I walked out with Alex to accompany Makson out.

He looked at Alex and put his hand forward, "See ya man" Alex was gonna handshake but I quickly caught his hand, "We're not allowed to touch other peoples hand during work hours"

We said our bye to Makson while he drove away. "You like him?" I looked at Alex and hit him on his head. "You need a doctor," I said while walking away. "Wait, tell me how you both met"

I told him everything and he stood there shocked, "Sanjana needs to know this," He said while looking at his phone, can they both keep something away from each other?

I was in my office when my own phone ring. I looked at the caller Id and smiled. I answered the phone and put it on speaker since I was looking at some files.

"Hey Usman, how are you?"

"Jannat....."

"What happened? You don't sound good"

"Jannat, come home... She is back!"

Everything stopped around me. She is back which means... Zain, no-no, why now? I quickly stood up and grabbed my bag and keys.

I ran out to the parking and got in my car and quickly drove to Zain's school. I ran inside his classroom and saw him seating quietly while listening in the class.

"I-I need to take Zain home now for today" His teacher nodded while Zain smiled and quickly packed his things. She is back, which means...

I'll lose Zain!