Chapter 34

I was in my room helping Zain with getting ready. I helped him with his hair and smiled at him when was satisfied with it. He was very silent today, which made me worried.

I held his little hands as he slowly looked at me, "What's wrong with my big boy?" "Mommy, can I ask something?" "Of course baby," I said as I sat on the bed while picking him up and helped him on my lap.

"When you will have a baby, then will you forget me because I'm not your real baby?" I was shocked, I looked at him with teary eyes. How could a 6-year-old child think about this?

I hugged him tightly as I saw tears running down his cheeks. I pulled away and whipped his tears away and pecked his small chubby cheeks. "No baby, never. You're my first baby, and you're my biological baby, I will never forget you."

He wrapped his small arms around my neck and nodded his head. I slowly pulled him away and looked at him "Why did you think about it?" He looked a little nervous as I saw him playing with his fingers, "Mommy, grandma said it to me... But... I wanted to ask you"

I took a deep breath and smiled at him before fixing his little tie. "Well, now my big boy knows that Zain will forever be my baby boy" He smiled while nodding his head and started kissing me all over my face.

I giggled at his cuteness and put him down, "I'll get you your favourite ice cream" "Yeeey" I smiled and went downstairs into the living room, where I found Ammi seating with Haniya.

I walked towards her and turned the tv off, "What do you think you're doing?!" She shouted while standing up and looked at me angrily. "No, not today... Today it is about my son, I won't be silent if it's about my son. I will say this today for the first and last time. Don't come near my son, he isn't your grandson or her son, he is mine and he will forever be mine"

"He is my son, who you only take care of, which isn't a big thing" "Big thing? By giving birth you won't become a mother, you have to take care of the child, be there when the child needs you, you have to be ready to sacrifice for your child, which you didn't do. And for your kind information, you signed the adoption papers, so legally he is my son"

"Don't you think you're talking too much today?" Haniya said while standing up. I could see in her eyes that she hates, but the reason for hating me isn't big enough.

"No, if it was about me I wouldn't have said anything, but this is about my son, so no I won't be silent. I won't say anything other than that stay away from my son"

I walked into the kitchen and got Zain his ice cream and went upstairs. "Here you go big boy" He smiled and started his ice cream as I got ready for the Nikkha. Usman gave me a light blue long dress, which I liked a lot. He just knew my likes and dislikes. I made my hijab which matched my clothes and looked at myself in the mirror. 

Zain's clothes:

Jannat's Nikkha clothes: 

"Is my beautiful sister ready?" I chuckled when I heard Usman from the other side

"Is my beautiful sister ready?" I chuckled when I heard Usman from the other side. I opened the door and looked at him, he looked at me and smiled. "You're looking beautiful, abbu would have been very happy to see you like this," He said softly with teary eyes.

"Don't make me cry" He chuckled and hugged me tightly, "Uncleee, me too" Zain shouted and hugged Usman's legs, he chuckled and picked Zain up in his arms. "And my partner is looking very cool"

He looked at me and held my hand, "Let's go" I nodded my head and he helped me downstairs. "You know, you shouldn't have gotten me such a heavy and long dress" He chuckled and shook his head.

"This isn't from me" "Then?" I looked at him confusedly as I stepped down the stairs. He started dragging me towards abbu's room which we had locked and slowly opened the room.

I held my tears back as I stepped inside. He slowly walked towards the closet as I looked around the room. "This is from abbu, and so is the dress. He wanted to see you in this dress at your wedding, and this" he handed me the little box as I slowly opened the box.

"This..." "This is a wedding gift, from me and abbu" I looked at him as tears were running down my cheeks, "This... This is too much" I said as I handed him the box back.

He chuckled and took the keys out of the box and handed them to me, "No, you deserve this, and this is nothing... It's a gift from abbu and me, this is for not standing by your side when you needed me"

I shook my head and hugged him tightly, "You were always there with me" I said as I pulled away. He whipped my tears away and kissed me on my forehead.

"Let's go, your man is waiting for you" I chuckled as we stepped out of the room and he locked it with the keys again. He helped me into the car as Zain sat beside me while smiling.

"Mommy, your flowers," He said as he handed me two roses. I pecked his cheek and ruffled his hair. He pouted as I smiled at him.

When we arrived at Makson's place, Usman helped me out and slowly wrapped my hand around his arm. "Nervous?" I nodded my head slowly and looked at him.

"Take a deep breath" I did as he told me and we slowly walked in. Makson was already there, as Usman helped me sit in front of him. I looked up and met his blue ocean eyes. I looked away as I blushed when I realized he was staring at me.

"Keep my sister safe, don't you dare hurt her or I won't hesitate to put you in jail" Makson held my hand tightly and shook his head, "That won't be needed" Usman smiled and looked at me.

Our Nikkha alhamdulillah happened peacefully. Everything went perfectly, when Makson said yes, I was more than happy. I could feel butterflies in my stomach at that moment and I still do. After the little function, Usman had to leave.

"Now... this is your home, and this is your family now," He said softly as I hugged him tightly as I cried on his chest. "First abbu left us and I had you... Now... even... even you're leaving me now" I could hear his voice cracking.

I pulled away and shook my head as I held his face in my hands softly, "No... I would never leave you, Usman, you're my life... You were there when I needed someone... I'm not leaving you... I will come and meet you every day" I said as I hugged him again.

I heard him chuckling as he pulled away and made me face Makson, "Only if your possessive husband will let you go anywhere" We all chuckled as Makson grabbed my hand and pulled me towards himself.

"May Allah keep you safe and give you all the happiness you deserve baji, I wish you both a happy married life," He said before taking his leave. I looked at Makson who was looking at me with a big smile.

"So Ms Jannat, you're finally Jannat Makson Kingston"