Valentine's Day Special

"I got ya something," Elmer grinned.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. "I got ya something too."

"You first," he insisted. I handed him a box of chocolates that I had made earlier today.

I watched as his eyes lit up, knowing he had been wanting chocolate for a while. "Did you make these?"

"Mhm," I smiled.

The black-haired boy pulled two chocolates from the box, handing one to me. "Cheers," he smiled, popping it into his mouth.

"Cheers," I muttered, doing the same. "Oh wow," I mumbled through the chocolate.

"This is amazing," Elmer chuckled, covering his mouth with his hands so he didn't spit all over the place. I laughed as he decided to lick the chocolate from his hand.

"You're such a kid," I joked.

"I know," he shrugged. "Oh! Your present." He left my room for a brief moment, returning with his hands behind his back.

"OoO! What's that?" I asked, trying to look at what he was hiding.

"Close your eyes," he grinned. I shot him a playful skeptical look. "Do ya trust me?"

"Always," I replied, shutting my eyes tightly.

"Okay, you can open them now," he uttered.

I opened my eyes, sucking in a breath when I saw what he was doing. I covered my mouth with my hands, already feeling the tears filling my eyes. There was a bouquet of red, pink and white roses on my desk and Elmer was on one knee with a blue box in his hand.

"Elmer," I breathed, seemingly unable to breathe.

"Katie Danvers," he started. "A year ago, I almost lost you. I don't want to go through that again. Your parents have already agreed to it. Will you marry me?" He asked, flipping the box open.

I fanned my eyes, " yes!" He stood up, slid the ring on my ring finger, gave me a quick kiss, and hugged me, spinning me around.

"Thank God! Thought you'd say no for a second," he laughed.

"I would never," I replied.

(A/N: Soo, the proposal was completely improvised. I had no plan of doing this at all. I just wanted to do a Valentine's Day special because it was yesterday.

Anyone else enjoying singleness?

Haha. Have a great day peeps.)