Chapter 24

The next day, I woke up really early with red puffy eyes and a horrible bird's nest on top of my head. If someone were to see me now, they would be terrified. I took a much-needed relaxing bath, after which I felt much better.

Matt's house is basically a second home to me, so I had my own room and clothes stacked up here, considering the fact that I used to spend a lot of time here after my sister's incident.

I am done crying. I am moving on. I can't be like this forever. Nothing was in my control; we can't change the past now, so we have to accept our fate and be happy.

I have Blake and my friends with me, and that's all I need. I can't forgive my father easily, but I will try to give him a chance. With that in my mind, I skipped downstairs.

I bid my goodbyes to them and left, as Blake would be picking me up. I planned to have my breakfast at home. I made it to my home in 10 minutes, fully expecting my parents to be gone by now. Excitedly, I called out as I skipped into the dining room, "Martha, I am hungry for your yummy pancakes."

However, what shocked me was that my parents were sitting at the table. "Come, honey, I made you pancakes," my mom called out.

"You did what?" I blurted out.

Don't get me wrong; we were a happy family once, but that changed long ago. It's not easy to suddenly accept everything.

"Come and take a seat," Dad pointed out to the seat to his left.

I awkwardly took a seat, stealing a glance at Martha to see her giving me a warm smile. I wanted to get out of here. Yes, I said I would give them a chance, but everything is happening too soon, and it's super awkward.

God heard me because my knight in shining armour came to save me. Blake texted, stating that he was waiting outside.

"I'm leaving for school." With that, I stood up to leave.

"Wait, I will see you go," my dad stood up with me.

I didn't know what to respond, so I just nodded my head. As usual, Blake was waiting by the car for me.

Seeing my dad with me, he straightened up quickly. "Good morning, Mr. Knight," he acknowledged politely.

"Can I have a word with you in private?" Dad questioned. Blake looked at me and gave a hesitant nod.

It was amusing to see the school's "Bad Boy" all riled up by his girlfriend's father. They came back shortly.

"Bye, sweetheart," he waved at me.

"You take care of her," Dad called out to Blake.

To say my jaw was 10 feet underground would be an understatement.

I was dying to know what they spoke about. Blake was also shocked, just like me.

"Blake, come on, tell me what happened back there?" I had been nagging him for the past few minutes.

"Nothing much, he approved of us," he shrugged. That freaking pig just shrugged.

"Are you serious? OMG, this is huge." I shouted.

"I know, princess, maybe he's really changing for you," he pointed out. I just nodded. He intertwined our hands, and we continued driving.

We made it to school. As soon as I stepped out, people were giving me looks. I was used to it now. From the day I bumped into Blake, I was bound to attract attention from the very moment.

"Baby doll." Noah hugged me.

"I know you are prone to their looks now, but don't take whatever they say to your heart," Emma said. We then parted to go to our class.

The lectures were boring as usual. By the amount of attention I am giving to my studies, I don't know how I am even managing to maintain the grades with everything going around.

The final exams start next week. I really need to concentrate on studies. The bell rang, interrupting my thoughts. It was my favourite hour now.

Yes, you guys guessed it right. It's LUNCH.

All of my friends were already at the table eating.

"You guys are pigs and didn't even wait for me." I took a seat next to Blake.

"We were hungry, Crys," Mark called out with his mouth full. I gagged at the sight.

"Here, you go. I bought you food." Blake slid the tray towards me.

"And that's why you are the best." I kissed his cheek. "I would like more than that kiss, but this would do for now." He whispered.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Cassandra was nowhere to be seen. And I couldn't care less about that.

What she did was pretty bad despite knowing the truth. That hurt like a bitch. but I am done with it now. Going forward, today was the last day of school since our exams are starting.

We all will be graduating in a few weeks' time. We can't say the same for Blake and Noah though. They really have pig brain. No offence to pig lovers.

The school was over. Blake was driving me home. He stopped in front of my home and opened the door for me.

"What a gentleman!" I mocked.

"Anything for my lady." he gave me a hug. I bid bye to him.

"Sweetheart." he called out.

He took two strides and captured my lips. There goes that fireworks. The kiss was soft and gentle. We broke apart for oxygen.

"What was that for?" I questioned.

"I don't want a reason to kiss my girlfriend." he then kissed my forehead.

"I better run before Papa Knight comes." with that he left, putting a permanent smile on my face.

And, everything is finally falling into its place.

______________________________

A/N

Hey guyss!!!

I am really sorry for the late updates. I have a lot on my plate right now but I will try to complete this as soon as possible. 

Drop down your thoughts in the comment's section and show some love.

Love ya! Stay safe!

Vote.Comment.Share