Chapter 26

It's been a wild ride this week, riding the exam rollercoaster with Noah and Blake. Our study sessions were like a caffeine-fuelled circus, and the most challenging stunt was trying to cram all that info into Noah and Blake's brains. But hey, I think we pulled off a spectacular performance!

Tomorrow is the grand finale, our last exam before we officially graduate and trade in our stress for college adventures. The idea of college is like a thrilling rollercoaster in itself—exciting, a bit scary, and bound to make our stomachs flip.

Now, let's talk about my parents, they've been MVPs. Even though their schedules are busier than a beehive in spring, they've managed to carve out some quality time for me. It's like they found a time-turner or something. I'm thrilled that they're turning into the cool, supportive parents we always hoped for. It's like they upgraded from Parent 1.0 to Parent 2.0, and I'm here for it!

I dozed off, hoping to get some precious hours of sleep before my early morning revision session. Suddenly, at 2 a.m., my phone erupted in a cacophony of noise. Groggily, I answered, "Hello," only to be met with a chorus of equally tired hellos.

"I need a vacation so bad. It's been so much stress the past week," Emma whined, her voice crackling through the phone.

"You were stressed and needed a vacation, so you chose to wake us all up at god damn 2 a.m.? What is wrong with you, woman?" Noah shouted, voicing the collective frustration.

"Oh, shut up. After the exams are over tomorrow, we're all going on a vacation. Now go to sleep, everyone," Emma commanded, her tone brooking no argument.

"You know, Emma, you could have told us about this tomorrow in school," Matt interjected, earning him a stern "shut up" from Emma.

After disconnecting the call, I noticed a text message from Blake.

My Jerk:

She's really crazy XD

Love you, sweetheart ❤️

Good night 😘

Me:

Love you too ❤️

Goodnight 😘

The next morning arrived sooner than expected. It was our final exam, marking the end of our high school journey. Unfortunately, Blake couldn't come to pick me up today; the coach had summoned him for something important.

"Honey, did you have your breakfast?" Mom asked as I made my way out.

"Yes, Mom," I shouted back.

"Good luck, sweetie," Dad wished me luck.

I drove to school and found all my friends huddled up in the parking lot. After parking my car, I went to catch up with them.

"Hi, guys." Everyone was there except Noah and Blake. Where were they? As my eyes scanned the area, Parker spoke up, "If you're looking for your two favourite boys, they're meeting with the coach. They'll be back in a bit."

"Psst, they're not my favourite," I spoke.

"Lie all you want, but we know they are your favourite boys," Matt said.

"Yes, I might like them a little more, but that doesn't mean I don't like you all any less," I pointed out.

"Whatever you say, Crys." Matt playfully pulled us all through the hallway.

"By the way, guys, we need to plan about the vacation after this," Emma pointed out before we went our separate ways.

It's almost time for the warning bell, yet Blake was nowhere to be found. What's taking him so long?

I dumped the books in my locker and made my way to the exam hall. Deep in thought about a certain someone, I didn't notice where I was heading and ended up falling into someone's arms.

I looked up to see the same pair of beautiful blue eyes looking right back at me, taking my breath away as always.

"Just like how it all started. Hmm, I love it. But I don't want you falling into someone else's arms," Blake teased, wearing a mischievous smile.

"Shut up. What took you so long?" I questioned.

"We heard that you missed your two favourite boys," Noah chimed in. Parker is an idiot for boosting their ego.

"No, you are not my favourite, Noah," I said, instantly wiping the smile off his face.

"The coach wanted to talk about our admissions. So now, where is my good luck kiss?" Blake asked.

Noah pulled him towards him and gave a peck on his cheek.

"There you go, darling," Noah said with a proud smile. "Eww, what the hell, man?" Blake was wiping his cheek.

These guys never change.

Blake then pulled me towards him and gave a quick peck on my lips, awakening the sleeping butterflies to dance. With that, we parted our ways to the exam hall.

I would be lying if I said the exam was easy, but whatever, it's over now. We are officially done with high school.

After collecting my things, I was on my way out when Cassandra blocked my way.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want now?" I questioned her.

"I am sorry, Crystal," she said. I was shocked. Is this some kind of a prank now?

She interrupted my thoughts again. "If you are thinking that this is some kind of a prank, then you are wrong. I am sorry for everything I have done to you. It was wrong of me to do that to you, wrong for your sister. She was like a sister to me too. Her loss affected me like it did you. That was the reason why I distanced myself from you. Then there was Blake. I really like him a lot, but you came and swept him off without even trying. It was all getting to me. To be honest, I was jealous of you. Everything I did was wrong. I have learned my mistake now. I am sorry. I really am," she concluded her little speech.

I seriously didn't know what to say, so I did what most people wouldn't do, which is, "It's okay. People make mistakes all the time. I forgive you."

Now she was the one to be shocked.

"Are you really forgiving me?" she asked.

"Yes, I want to start fresh. It's all in the past. I'm glad that you realised your mistakes. We could be friends if you want. You know what, we're going on a small vacation. You should come too." Okay, the last part shocked me too.

"I really appreciate it. But I don't think your friends might be comfortable with me around. I look forward to our friendship, though," she said.

After saying bye to her, I made my way to my friends who were waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" Mark questioned.

"Cassandra came in the way. Before you all go batshit crazy, she just wanted to apologize," I told them.

"And what did you say?" Ella asked.

"I forgave her. And I maybe or maybe not have invited her to our vacation," I informed them.

"YOU DID WHAT?" They chorused together. I shrugged.

"Let's go. We have a vacation to plan." With that, they all started piling up in the car.

Blake caught my hand. "Are you alright?" he asked.

I tiptoed and stole a kiss. "With you by my side, I always am," I said.

"You're something else, sweetheart." He pulled us towards the car.

We spent the evening planning our vacation, and with lots of ice cream, putting us to brain freeze.

_________

A/n

Sorry for the long gap. I did this chapter and somehow it got deleted. And I didn't find it in me to do it again. So I had to come up with something else and had to write from scratch.

I will stop my rambling now.

Love you. ❤️

Share. Comment. Vote.