CHAPTER 16

The end of the session was fast approaching which was the last year for Iremide in the University. The bond between him and Fola was back again and they could barely go a day without talking to each other despite Ire's busy schedules.

Ire made it a routine to tutor Fola once in a week on some of the courses she was having difficulties with.

He observed she was a slow learner and he takes his time to explain to her understanding before moving to the next.

He also helps her with assignments and handouts as examinations was fast approaching.

A month later, Fola was done with her examinations and she left for home. Ire was still in school trying to meet up with the deadline for the submission of his project work.

When Fola got home, she informed her mother of her reconciliation with Ire and her mother was glad.

Her father overhead their conversation and few days later, out of curiousity, he asked her. "Who is Ire?"

"He is my friend", she answered with a smile.

"Friend?", he asked eyeingly.

"Yes daddy."

"I hope so. When was the last time you spoke with Olamide?", he asked

"Here we go again", she thought out aloud.

"You said what?", her father questioned.

"I did not say anything", she responded.

"I thought I asked you a question", he reminded her.

"He called me last week during my examinations", she told him.

"Good. How are things between you two?"

"Fine", she replied.

"Alright, take care. When your mother comes back, tell her I am off to see Olamide's father. I promised to accompany him to somewhere", he declared about to go out.

"Daddy", Fola called. "There is something I have been meaning to talk to you about", she announced.

"What is it?", her father looked back with impatience.

"Sit down daddy. I won't take much of your time", he peered at her suspiciously before sitting down.

"Daddy I have been thinking.... Is there any business you have in mind that you want to do or do you wish to start any business?"

"Yes of course", he answered. Why do you ask?"

"I want you to stop working for Mr Garba and be your own boss", she declared.

"Good idea but the business I have in mind is capital intensive. More reason why you should marry his son so he can help me with the capital", he said to her.

"Dad. So this is it?"

"This is what?", he asked.

"You don't need to relay on them anymore. I spoke with Bolu sometimes ago and she said something about a business her father is into which is very lucrative."

"My dear, every business needs capital and that is what I lack. Don't you get it?"

"We can ask him to help us reserve a spot in the organization just like Bolu suggested", said Fola.

"Don't you know Bolu's father is my younger brother's friend? So you mean I should go and ask for help from someone whom I am very much older than? Impossible, I can't", her father remarked.

"Bolu's father is a very nice man. If you don't want to ask him for help, we can just ask him to borrow us and then when we start making money, we pay him back. Very simple."