CHAPTER 26

"Bolu decided to go stay with Fola's father in the hospital. This was because Mrs. Obed was adamant about leaving her daughter's bed side despite the persuasion from Mrs. Balogun.

Bolu left An-nur hospital in Maraba Jos with Femi to Zahrah hospital. On their way to the hospital, they bought some provisions for Mr. Obed.

They got there to meet him crying bitterly.

"Daddy stop crying, Fola isn't dead", Bolu told the crying man who was weeping on the hospital bed like a baby.

He jerked up and looked at Bolu in the face. "Are you saying this to pacify me or what?"

He was confused and didn't know what to believe.

'She told me herself that my daughter is dead and now she is saying otherwise', he thought to himself.

"Daddy, I am serious. It's just that she is in a coma. We mistook her for someone else that was why we thought she was dead", Bolu explained.

He heaved a sigh of relief and said, "Thank you Lord! Come take me there. I need to see my daughter", he said rising up.

Femi pinned him down carefully. "No dad, not now. We need to be sure you are fine and good to go before we allow you. Besides, the doctor hasn't discharge you yet."

"Hope you two aren't lying to me", he looked at them with suspicious.

They both smiled and said, "No."

Femi commented, "Dad, we brought you some provisions. The doctor said you need them because of the rise in your blood pressure."

"Thank you. How is my wife doing also?", he asked them.

Bolu and Femi looked at each other and then Bolu replied with a smile. "She is fine."

They didn't know how best to tell him that his wife had refused to come stay by his bed side.

***********************

"Olamide Garba, do you take Rachel Olukoya as your wife?", the court minister asked.

"Yes I do", Olamide answered with a smile.

"Do you promise to love, honour, cherish and protect her, forsaking all other and holding only unto her?", the minister asked him again.

"Yes I do", he replied.

The minister turned to Rachel and asked her: " Rachel Olukoya, do you take Olamide Garba to be your husband?"

"Yes I do", Rachel responded with a grin.

"Do you promise to love, honour, cherish and protect him, forsaking all other and holding only unto him?", he asked her again.

"Yes I do", she replied sharply.

"Olamide Garba and Rachel Olukoya, in as much as you two have agreed to live together in matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, I now declare you man and wife", the minister said and continued looking at Olamide. "You may now kiss the bride."

Olamide took her lips and kissed her like his life depended on it.

He was already falling heads over heels in love with Rachel for choosing him despite knowing how weak he was. He was grateful and at the same time feeling sympathy for her.

Rachel on the other hand was all smiles. She believed she now has all she had ever wanted. This was her dream and she had been able to achieve it with little effort.

The minister shook hands with Olamide and said to him. "Congratulations."

"Thank you sir", Olamide replied.