EPILOGUE

"Ggg..rrr...nnn..gg", Fola's phone rang bringing her out of her deep slumber.

"Urg", she groaned with a closed eye, searching for her phone on the massive bed.

"Ggg...rrr...nnn..gg", it continued ringing as she groaned again, then stood up from the bed.

Iremide's name flashed on the screen and she quickly picked the call.

With a sleepy voice, she said, "Hello Ire."

"Folake, I am disappointed at you", he blurted from the other side making Fola open her eyes wide.

"What is the problem? I have been here waiting for you all day but you are no where to be found. I am supposed to be the angry one here not you", she retorted.

"Shut your mouth", Iremide ordered.

"Your choice of words are insulting. What is the matter with you?", she asked him.

"Your secret is out. You thought I won't know right?", he said.

"What secret are you talking about?", Fola questioned back sharply.

"You kept the fact that you had sex with Olamide away from me. How could you?"

"What?!", she exclaimed. "I never had sex with him."

"I don't believe you. He told me himself."

"How can you believe someone who is in a psychiatric hospital. Olamide is insane, don't believe him. Don't you trust me?"

"I regret trusting you", he announced loudly.

"What is your problem Ire?"

"You are my problem", he responded.

"Ire......"

"I want you to get out of my house this minute. I don't want to see you in my house when I get there or else, I will show you the other side of me", he interrupted.

"What? Where do you want me to go by this time? It's 6pm already."

"I don't care."

"Ire, I love you. Don't do this to me."

"Get lost", he said and hunged up.

"I don't want to be here either", she yelled into the phone with anger.

She couldn't believe what just happened. She stared at her phone with disbelief. "Is Iremide for real?", she asked herself.

Her stomach grumbled but she paid deaf ears to it as she grabbed her veil and handbag.

She didn't mean to stay that long at his house since he told her his mother and sister travelled a day before it. This was to avoid fate repeating itself.

She recalled the day Olamide attempted to have sex with her.

"How could Iremide be so unreasonable to have believed someone who is no longer sane? Despite showing him so much love, this is how he wants to repay me?", she asked again.

"I'm done", she said and stormed out of the house.

Immediately, she got out of the gate, she was fortunate enough to get a shuttle to NDA. It was getting dark already and she hoped to get a bus home.

When she got to NDA, luck was on her side as she boarded a bus home few minutes after waiting. 40 minutes after, she was at the junction of her home.

She wanted to take a bike from the junction but then she changed her mind. It will give her the opportunity to think about her life.

She remembered the conversation she once had with her mother. She asked her mother if marriage was compulsory for everyone and her mother was flabbergasted at the question. She was now on the street of her parent's home and she was walking slowly oblivious to the absence of the usual bright light from the street light. She could recall her mother's response.