Chapter 29

A\N: my sleep? horrible

time skips to morning, and Demo still to be wide awake

she's just staring at the sun. just waiting.

"my eyes don't hurt." she randomly said.

she thinks it's time now.

"rise and shine, lovebirds." she said, waking the two up.

huh, her voice was loud enough.

"huh?! why did you..?" Burt had a red face,  made Demo laugh a bit.

"don't sweat it Burt, Sven told me last night." Demo got her claws out to check them.

Burt looked at Sven, kind of surprised. but mostly shocked.

"you.. you promised not to tell." Burt reminded him, but by now it's too late.

Sven sighed.

"i just couldn't keep it in me anymore." he scratched the behind of his neck.

Burt took a look at Demo, though for some reason, she doesn't look okay.

"is... is she mad?" Burt asked. kind of worried based on the look on her face.

"no.. but if i hurt or breakup with or.. something like that, she'll be fucking mad" Sven explained, as he remembered what Demo said to him.

"your darn right" Demo flicked a stick with her words.

Burt was glad she was okay with this, but her face wasn't about Sven or Burt.

it was about something else.

"Demo? are you okay?" Burt asked, Sven let go of Burt in order for him to get to Demo.

"okay? i'm better then okay!" Demo forced a happy smile.

but she could smell herself lying. if that was possible

but lucky for her, Burt didn't seem to push the questions much further.

Burt walked away and gave Sven a hand to get up.

Sven got up, by the help of Burt.

Demo cleared her throat before standing on her four legs.

"should we get going??" Demo asked.

Sven nodded and Burt shrugs

"i guess.." Burt said 

Sven was shocked on Burt's voice.

and he couldn't brush it off.

they started walking, heading off into the woods.

but it seems to be dark.

real dark.

but that didn't bother the three.

"Burt, you didn't sound so good. are you okay?" Sven asked Burt, catching Burt's attention.

"am i okay?! ask that to Demo! is she okay?!" Burt exploded, making Sven's skin jump a bit from Burt's outbreak

Burt noticed, and tried to clam himself down.

"sorry. i'm just worried about her. she hadn't told what was wrong. she's acting like she's fine, but her face tells a whole new story." Burt's eyes were locked on Demo, she was waving her tail back and forth, not caring about the talk Burt and Sven are having behind her.

Sven sighed. he clearly didn't know it would make her behave this strange

"do you know why Demo acting this strange? do you?" Burt asked, Demo paused her tail wagging, waiting for a answer from Sven