𝟎𝟎𝟒 | A Freshman Came Up With The Idea.

Alexandre had thought that Demi would be a lot easier to work with, but since Mrs. Olline announced the partners, she had been nothing but cold to him. He had tried to make conversation with her, but she was completely ignoring him. The minute the bell rang, Demi zoomed out of the class, and in a rush, Alexandre followed the small girl, calling her name.

"Demi! We need to talk about our project,"

Abruptly, Demi stopped, staring forward and Andre stood next to her. Then, he followed her line of vision to see Rio making out with some girl wearing a very short skirt against the lockers. Andre saw Demi gulp harshly, her vision blurring with tears.

Then, she turned to face him, brown eyes fiery with emotion.

"Look, leave me alone, okay?" Demi shrieked as she stormed away, "God!"

Her sister gave him an apologetic look, stepping away from David to follow her. Andre was still dumbfounded over what happened, then snapped out of it, grumbling as he moved to his locker. If Demi was not willing to cooperate with their project, for the first time in his existence, he was going to fail a course. Andre could already see his GPA dropping as he groaned.

"My guy!" David hailed, making his way towards Andre with a huge grin on his face, "Man, I just wanna thank you for what you did,"

Andre scoffed as he harshly replied, "Nice to see that someone is getting along with their partner,"

Suddenly, Theo appeared beside him and with a wince that made his glasses fall on his scrunched nose, he said, "Yeah...we saw that,"

"I thought you had more game than that," David mocked, an eyebrow raised. Andre gave him a harsh glare, green orbs burning.

"For that commentaire insensé, you are buying me lunch," Andre snarled, grabbing his backpack and the boys followed him to their cars, "And not the cheap crap, I want a three-course,"

David snorted as he entered his BMW, and called out sarcastically, "Yeah, and I'm Michael B. Jordan. Fool, you is getting a Big Mac,"

◇──◆──◇──◆──◇──◆──

Two days had passed and Demi had still not talked to him about their project. Andre had tried to talk to Demi about the project but she was not willing to even look in his direction. While in Life Studies class Mrs. Olline would often look their way to see them not interacting, a frown on her face as she made notes in her grade book. The time was coming for the two of them to give your presentation on how they met and they had nothing.

On Thursday, Andre made it his mission to talk to Demi, to make her understand why it was necessary for him to do well in the project. The minute AP math class ended, Andre caught Demi as she was leaving and said,

"We need to talk. This is urgent. I don't want to fail this class and I know you don't either. Isn't there a compromise we can make?"

Still not looking at him, Demi replied coldly, "There isn't a compromise. I just want to get through this assignment as soon as possible,"

Andre was agitated. How could he make her see reason? "Look I am not going to fail this course, no matter how insignificant it is. And I know that Mrs. Olline is not going to change our partners. Demi, please,"

Finally, Demi's brown eyes met his green ones and saw the desperation within them. Demi was one of the smartest girls in the grade, the top in the class. And he knew that she also understood how important it was to have consistent grades. She gave a deep sigh filled with acceptance.