022| Being A Teen Dad Sucks- Now I Know Why My Dad Is So Bad At It

"So is there anything I need to know before I meet your dad?" Demi asked nervously, "Any hidden skeletons?"

Grimacing at her words, Andre tried to come up with an approximate response that accurately described his father, "Define skeletons."

Giving him a deadpan look, Demi responded, "Are you serious?"

All he could do was give her a look in response. Benjamin Lothan was... special. He was the most childish man to ever grace the earth, convinced that he was half his age and had every right to act as such.

But, Benjamin Lothan was also a perfectionist. Everything he did, he did whole and beautifully, creating masterpieces out of ordinary binary numbers. In their home, Andre dared not shift a single picture frame out of place. His lab was so sacred that only two people in the entire world were allowed inside the chaos.

Inside everything; his chaotic workspace, his chaotic mind and his chaotic heart.

"You know, any shady dealings? Does he supply security to mafias and drug lords? Does he hack things for them? Control the black market? Is he a drug lord? Tell me!"

Andre chuckled softly. Demi had no idea just how right she was. But, he could not tell her anything; he had promised his father such.

That doesn't mean she could not come to the revelation herself.

Voice tentative, Andre replied, from the corner of his eye, watching her fidget in the passenger seat beside him. "He is not a drug lord if that is what you are asking."

"What about the other stuff I mentioned?"

Again, all Andre could give her was a pointed look.

"Oh."

"Please don't ask him about it though." Seeing how her brown eyes widened in panic and fear, Andre forced himself to grin, "I'd hate to end the night burying my ex-girlfriend."

When a smile did not appear on her face, Andre placed his hand on her thigh calmly, "Baby, that was a joke,"

"Whew!" Demi breathed out in relief, that beautiful dimpled smile returning, "You know how crazy that sounds? Your dad? An accomplice to drug lords and crime bosses? I can't even imagine it!"

As he pulled his Ford GT40 into the large driveway, Andre muttered under his breath, "Good thing you won't have to."

His father was already home; his flashy obsidian black Lambo with gold rims parked comfortably on the marble. And next to it sat Nora, Sami's small, yet trustworthy Toyota.

Even with the extravagant salary, Samira received monthly, she had refused, to his father's outrage, to replace Nora for something that matched her earnings. The car has never failed me, so why fix something that isn't broken? She would say, and that would be the end of that. But, Andre knew there was more to the story: Nora was Sami's first big purchase and after the nightmare of a childhood the Congolese woman had, Sami always appreciated every win.