The Painting

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @LeaRonaldo8  and @gaurikajangid   love you guys

Trisha POV

"So, This is my life now." as I entered Ved's apartment reality hits me hard.

Now I have to live with this person, whom I hate endlessly. As I saw Ved's Painting in the living room painted by me, which I gifted him after completing his engineering. Tears start falling from my eyes. Why Ved....why you did this? In this whole world, you were the one who used understand me and you did this to me. Why I am not able to control my tears? I ask myself while wiping it off from my face. My whole world turned upside down within one week. The day dad got a heart attack my mother make me marry Ved. How can someone even think that I can marry my best friend? The whole thought is alien to me.

FlashBack

We came from the cremation ground. After doing all the rituals of my dead father.

"Mom, dad left us." I was crying furiously as mom was sitting like a statue.

"Ved...Ved...dad left us...how can he..? Ved look, mom is not even reacting Please do something Ved please...." I hugged Ved and started crying.

He hugged me back I can feel his tears on my shoulders. My dad was like his dad too after uncle's death. Even he was the one who did all the rituals for dad like a son.

"I am sorry Isha, I am so sorry" I heard his muffled sound. We both cried in each other embraces as it was our safe place since childhood. I used to find peace in his arms and he is mine.

We broke our hug as he moved to Mom.

"Aunty please say something? " He shook mom by her shoulders. "Please aunty say something don't be silent."

Mom was still like a statue. He was trying to get mom out of her mental state of silence.

"Aunty please, look at me! Look at Isha....your Ishu what will happen to her if you will be like this? "

Mom gazed at me and then at Ved's eyes. I was so scared with mom's expression.

She said, "Ved now, how am I going to take care of Ishu? I am not even sure about myself. Your uncle left us alone in this world. " With this, she hugged Ved and started crying out loud. He hugged mom back and started consoling her.

"Please aunty, please clam down. You have to take care of your health as well. Please I am here. I am your son and I am going to take care of you and Isha. "

Mom looked at him with so much love and hope that Ved will make everything alright. Just like before.

Just after then, he dropped the bomb on me.

"Aunty if you don't have any problem I will marry Isha. I will take care of her like I always do!"

I was stunned by his statement. How could he? My mom looked at him with so much hope and admire like she got her life back and motive to live...

She looked at me once and again asked Ved " Really, Ved are you really going to marry Ishu?"

He nodded.

I was stunned by all this I felt like there is no surface below my feet. My legs got weak and I can't see anything clear and everything was getting blur...I was about to fall someone grabbed me And I lost my senses.....

I woke up on my bed. I thought I must have seen some bad dream.

"Ishu, beta how are you?" Mom caressed my forehead and I sat on the bed.