The departure

I would like to dedicate this chapter to JustAnotherNewbie <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vedant POV

It's evening now. We have our fight to Mumbai in 2 hours. But I didn't dare to go and ask Isha about leaving or her packing status. I know she is mad at me. But the venom she is holding and spitting now and then is very hard for me to bear. I asked Khushi to inquire her but she is also not interested in speaking with her. I don't know what happened between them after the morning incident. Khushi does follow her to the room after puja. And she is furthermore not in a great mood. I can notice that. I don't want to consult neera aunty about it as I don't know, what will she think? Khushi is staying a few more days in Delhi with Pihu. Yash is out of the country and she wants to spend some more time with aunty. That's good as aunty will also get some company after Isha. Once Yash comes back from Germany he won't let Khushi and Pihu out of his sight.

Neera aunty is busy in cooking and packing food for us. Indian mother's instinct doesn't eat outside food. Well, I have no problems in that. I love her cooking and I rarely got to eat homemade food. I used to cook but not cooking for years.

I looked at the watch again it's 1 hour and 50 min remaining. I mentally calculated the time again. 15 min to airport and 1 hour in luggage check-in and boarding the plane.

Somehow, I gathered my strength and strolled toward Isha's room.

As I arrived, I can see her clutching a photo frame in her hand and I can say that from her body language she is sobbing. It stings in my heart every time I watch her like that.

I knocked and the door, as I don't dare to utter a letter to her. She turned as she listened to the door knock.

" Here you are, to take me to your prison. Well, it doesn't make a difference to me now. You already murdered my best friend and all I can see an insensitive man who just wants to take advantage of this unfortunate situation. Be glad, I am prepared and coming down in 5 minutes. Give me some alone time. Don't disturb me now at least. You have all my life to mock me." she said without any expression and emotion.

Her words slam me hard. Now I am an insensitive man to her, not her best friend. I wanted to move in the speed of light. But my feet are becoming heavy. I don't know why? I was struggling to move in my brain but my body isn't cooperating with my mind. Her eyes shifted and I can see her back. And her hands caressing the photo. Once again I gathered my strength and pulled myself towards the stairs.

How will I be going to survive? Her word affects me so much. Always it feels like a close to death experience. These eyes and voice which I used to cherish now loathe me so much, even I can't explain. As I was lost in my world. I listen to someone calling me.

" Ved...Ved beta..."

Neera aunty was calling me.

"Yes..yes aunty..." I stuttered.

" Let's go to the airport. You guys will be late. Ishu is waiting for you." aunty said with concern.

My eyes met the brown one and then the watch on the wall showing 1 hour 30 min left.

"Yes aunty"

I took the luggage kept near Isha and walked towards the car which has parked outside. Khushi, Pihu and Aunty are coming with us to drop us to the airport.

We all settled in the car and I started driving. It was a silent ride the only aunty was speaking to Khushi and Pihu was playing with Isha. She adored Pihu and everyone knows that. The only shimmer after Sid's parting, I can see in her eyes when Pihu is around. Child innocence can make you happy. Khushi was still a little bit distant from her. I could feel the tension between them.

We reached I parked our car in the parking. I took out all the luggage. Aunty hugged both of us with her tearful eyes she said...

" Ved take care of her beta. I know you will. Both of you be happy and try to understand each other. Otherwise, you guys know each other very well. And Isha doesn't trouble ved."

"She can never trouble me aunty." words automatically flow from my mouth.

She gave me a bizarre look and aunty glanced at me with admiration. She kissed our foreheads one by one. Khushi gave me a tight hug and whispered in my left ear...not allowing anyone else to hear.

"Be strong Ved, everything will be fine. You believe in your friendship and more importantly your love." she smiled and broke the hug.

She gave Pihu in my hands and hugged Isha.

I can see her getting stiffened after the hug. I kissed Pihu and give her back to Khushi.

She innocently asked, " Is Trisha aunty not coming back with us?"

Neera aunty replied " No bacha she is going with ved uncle and will stay with uncle only. When you go to Mumbai you can meet aunty again."

"Is she going to live in Mumbai always?"

"Yes.." aunty kissed her bubbly cheeks.

"Wow, aunty I will meet you soon then when papa comes from Germany. We will do lots of Masti then." Pihu giggled and clapped.

"Ok, now say bye-bye, "

Khushi told her to wave her hands.

And we waved back. And in a few minutes, I was sitting with my wife in a plane to Mumbai. She is sitting beside me looking out the window but our hearts are miles away. Our emotions are poles apart. What am I feeling for her? And what is she feeling for me? I have no idea how am I going to pull this off? Is she ever able to understand me? I closed my eyes and drowned in my thoughts. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, 

I know I am updating too late. Well, things are not good these days. Didn't felt like writing anything. Everywhere there is negative news. Let's pray for everyone's happiness and safety.

Hope you will like this part of the story as well. 

Take care....lots of love :) <3