The Job Interviews

Hi, lovelies... Thanks for reading the book and writing comments your words mean a lot...So here is the next update of the book!

This chapter is dedicated to @silly_11 for her beautiful comments! Lots of love❤️

Trisha POV

I woke up to the sound of the alarm. It's already 9 am. Well, my interviews are scheduled after 11 so not much of a deal. I left the bed and moves towards the hall. I think Ved has already left for the office and as I move towards the dining table again, he left the breakfast on the table with a chit of best of luck written over it with the extra key to the apartment. I just got infuriated by the sight of it. But the keys I will need. I picked up the keys while thinking why he has to do this even when he knows I am not going to touch the breakfast. He is so fucking annoying. I overlooked that thought and went to freshen up. I am ready and it's 10 am. I wore a simple white shirt with brown trousers and white heels. I will grab something from outside for breakfast. I left the home bought one sandwich and booked my ola for the 1st company. It is 30 min away so I can munch on my breakfast nicely. The whole ride I was thinking about the question that the interviewer can ask me and making mental notes on what to say and what not to say. I miss Sid in this kind of situation. After graduation when I was too confused about my career to open my boutique or join some company, he was there to encourage me to pursue my dream to open my boutique.

Previously it was Ved who used to encourage me to participate in events, to paint, to be brave but once he left Mumbai for the job he didn't have much time for me but when he was in college he always manages to make time for me even he was in a hostel back then. Slowly when Sid has taken place of Ved in comforting me and encouraging me I didn't realize. And now when Sid is no more I miss him like hell ...and now I have Ved but he is no more friend of mine....my traitor eyes dropped the transparent salty liquid on my cheeks which I wiped away.

I have 2 interviews lined up today although I applied for more than 10 companies yesterday. Job search is a really big deal nowadays even if you qualify from the big institute didn't matter.

Well, now I am standing in front of a big glass building with an intricate interior. I introduced myself to the receptionist who looks like a plastic doll so perfect. She looked at me with her judgemental eyes and told me to wait for my turn. After some time I am called for the interview. It didn't go well. Now I can see I am behind the trends for the last 5 years and my design and thought process is not in trend. It's been 5 years since I sold my boutique and was away from this fashion world from that dreadful event. Why Sid? Why do you leave me in this big world alone? Some of the salty water makes its way through my eyes. Now I am not even hoping for the next company where I have to go now.

As I anticipated the second interview went on the same downward path. Got rejected from there too. I need to apply for some other job I guess today as I am surely lacking behind in this fashion world, I am not blind to realizing that. Why my life has to be this tough? Why can't I have at least one thing in my life that interests me, seriously it's frustrating?

I just realized it's evening now and What am I doing just cursing my life after two interviews in this café and sipping Sid's favorite cappuccino?

My mobile beeped, there is mail from NN Designs for an interview tomorrow and they need my resume. But did I apply to this company? I just questioned myself. Might be I didn't remember or it might be from the naukari.com or monster.com I updated my resume there too. Well, whatever I mailed my resume to NN Designs Now something to look forward to tomorrow. If this won't work out I will join some office for a desk job and can't sit at home and eat with Ved's money. His money is like poison to me with this thought I left the café and took a taxi for the Ved's apartment.