The Painting II

Vedant pov

I can see her going to the room leaving me behind with my life shattered on the ground. That painting was my life to me and she knew that. Isha made this painting for me when I completed my engineering.

My tears started flowing unstoppably. My legs got weak and I dropped to the ground to take the support I can feel my heart clenched in pain and agony. Isha loves her paintings too much even a single scratch on her paintings made her mad and furious. But today just because that painting was mine she destroyed it which she had taken a month to draw.

I just don't want to cry over it. I wiped my tears. I know I have to be strong but her words are enough to destroy me, break me. My eyes are betraying me this time. Every time I think this is the worst she can say or do. But every other time she proves me wrong and comes up with something new and more hurtful words. How much time has passed while I was sitting even I don't know!

I collected my courage and stood up to clean the mess. As I was cleaning up a few glass shreds prick through my skin but it doesn't hurt. I couldn't feel the pain of my physical body as my heart was in intense pain. After cleaning I can see a few droplets of my blood stained the painting as I preserved the sheet and threw the glass and frame. I kept it inside  my wardrobe. She has been already picked up the guestroom for herself. I placed a band-aid on my cuts and look at the clock it was 8 pm. I ordered pizza for her...her favourite food that she can't resist.

The delivery boy came on time. I placed the pizza on the plate, coke in the other hand and took a deep breath and prepared myself mentally to get humiliated before going to her room.

I knocked and entered the room. She was sitting in bed her bag is on the floor. She was still in her journey cloths.

"Isha..." I uttered. And she looked upon me.

"What??? and how many times I have to tell you to don't call me Isha. My name is Trisha, Trisha Roy!! Are you that dumb to get it?" She said in anger.

"Ok! Trisha..."

Calling her name Trisha feels alien to me. It's just a habit to call her Isha from childhood.

" Have some food. I ordered your favourite pizza with extra cheese as you like." I forwarded the plate towards her.

She looked at me with a little hesitation like she was thinking about whether to take a plate from me or not.

" I don't want it." she refused.

"Listen, We are going to stay together whether you like it or not. Please if you are angry with me be my guest. But don't take out your anger on food. The food doesn't do anything. I am your criminal. Punish me not food and yourself." I answered slowly.

She looked at me. Our eyes met. I can see the depth of her big brown eyes which are so much in confusion but slowly it became normal and then finally she took the plate. A small smile spread across my lips.

" Don't be so happy, I have taken the food just because it's pizza and I am hungry. And I can't live without food. Otherwise, I don't want anything associated with you or touched by you."

Her last words pained my heart. Now, she doesn't want anything touched by me. I smiled at her with my painful eyes. I got little relief at least she is not shouting and thrown food over me. I left her in the room. I was not sure whether I will make her uncomfortable and she will not eat. And tears were threatened to fall from my eyes if I could have stayed even for a moment. I came to my room and picked out the painting from my wardrobe and drifted into the past.

Flashback 15 June 2013

"Ved I have a surprise for u". She chirped as we reached the home from the railway station. Siddharth has dropped home.

"You guys have fun," Siddharth told and left with his car.

I was already in shock after knowing she already has a boyfriend. And I had a full proposal plan laid out in my mind and now I was in devasted mode.

Now, what left for surprise. Now I was afraid of her surprises. Is she getting engaged or what? Weird thoughts started floating in my mind.

She took me to my room. There was something kept on the table covered with a red satin cloth.

"Ved, uncover it! It's your graduation gift." She said with excitement.

I look at her and slowly moves towards the table on which something was covered with red satin cloth. Again I looked at her as I grab the cloth.

Her eyes are sparkling with shine with a beautiful and breathtaking smile on her face. I pulled out the cloth to reveal the painting she made for me.

I was shocked to see the painting. She used to draw landscapes. I have never seen her painting any portrait.

"How is it Ved? Did you like it?" She shouted in excitement.

"When did you learnt this?" I asked her in surprise.

" That's not important, Important thing is you are the first person whom I ever draw, u Idiot. I missed you, Ved!" she came close to me and hugged me tightly. I can feel her tears on my shoulders. 

"Now you are not going anywhere. You are going to stay with me in Delhi only." she was complaining.

At that moment I forgot about her boyfriend and everything. The feeling was of pure joy as it felt like I had my old Isha in my embrace.

Tring, Tring......

I came back from the past as my mobile was ringing. Its Khushi

I wiped my tears and picked up the call.

" Hello, yes Khushi we reached. Yes! everything is fine."

"Yes...Yes...she is fine too. Yeah! she is having dinner.....Yes, baba me too...don't worry everything is fine. Yup good night...take care aunty and pihu.....yourself too"

I put down the mobile and looked at the painting in front of me.

I was wondering how the circumstances changed. Once I forgot all my pain and this painting gave me cause to smile and happiness when I was broken inside...but today the same painting is the reason to broke me from inside. I smiled at the painting.

I was not hungry or I can say my stomach was full with the words of Isha. I rolled the sheet and put it inside my wardrobe and lay down on my bed to sleep. But the sleep was miles away from my eyes in the thought of what will happen tomorrow? Still, I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello, I know I am late this time in uploading the story. 🤦‍♀️

I am so sorry, don't be angry at me. I was busy with my job.😢 But don't worry from now on you all will get frequent updates on chapters. 👍🙌

A very very very big thank you to my readers as we crossed 750 reads and 100 votes.👀👏👏🤞🤞🙌🙌👍👍❤

I personally like to thank all of you💖 who left comments and suggestions. It motivates me to write😊. Please comment and vote and share the story with your friends as I am new here it will help me know fellow writers and readers.😊😎  I love to read your comments guys so do comment. Love you all...💖

Take care and have a nice day ahead...stay safe😃✨