The Mumbai

Sitting next to her and feeling miles apart is surreal. It feels like destiny is mocking on me after giving me the most valued thing to me but still inaccessible. It feels like I have the smartphone in my hand and didn't know the password to access it. As she is sitting next to me but I didn't know the password of her heart to at least open up to me.

I looked at her and she seemed lost in looking out of the window of the plane. Like these clouds she is floating aimlessly in her life I must give her the direction to follow. I can't let her die day by day. It's been 5 years she was not attached with her life and surroundings. I have to work on her and have to get immune to her harsh words. I can't let her anger overpower on me. At least I am doing this for her and my 15-year-old love which is still there fresh as morning dewdrop in my heart.

I closed my eyes and drifted again in past to recall her how she was when she was genuinely happy. And the day when my heart broke into pieces that she didn't even know.

Flashback 15 June 2013

I gave my last paper last semester exam of engineering in IIT Bombay and I had already 2 placements in my hand 1 of Delhi Infosys, 1 Bombay Oracle.

I was so happy that day. I searched for Rohan when I left the exam room and there he is discussing question paper with all the girls.

This guy will never change I muttered to myself.

"Girl's excuse us please," I said while entering his so-called discussing group.

He looked at me with his annoyed expression.

"Ved, I am discussing something important.."

"Discuss later"

I dragged him out of the circle

"Girl's call me with doubts you all have my number 936754..." he barked towards girls as I was dragging him.

"What is this yaar Ved, the girl with the blue top was in verse of falling in love with me" he complained in his irritated tone.

"Every day every other girl fall for you else you fall for girls, Why can't you have a serious girlfriend?" I complained.

"Like you no thanks! So, now what's the deal and why this hurry, it is not because your exam went well..let me guess it is something to do with Trisha madam," he asked me teasingly and ran.

"Rohan, I will kill you," I shouted running behind him.

We were running in circles and stopped when we got out of breath.

"So what was it?" He asked me while panting.

We both sat down on the ground while trying to fill more oxygen in our chest.

"I am leaving tonight," I answered while panting.

"What the hell dude? When are we going to celebrate our end of torture? My only roommate can't ditch me." He got shocked as I dropped a nuke on him.

"Well dude, My ticket got confirmed."

"What do you mean your ticket got to confirm you can go tomorrow, day after tomorrow, you are not going today and that's final." he pouted.

"Rohan yaar, it's been 1 year. You know I didn't go last year due to projects and placements...and I have to meet her." I pleaded with my puppy eyes.