37| The Boys Hurt His Feelings (Liam)

Request from : rayofsunshine_1d
Hope you enjoy..!

Liam was always 'the sensible one' or 'the daddy' of the group. In a way, yes, he was. He cared so deeply for the boys and loved them to pieces. Why wouldn't he want to protect them? Obviously it wasn't always like that, and he had his fair share of fun and partying around. But at the end of the day, even if he was shitfaced himself, he'd wait and sit with any of the boys whilst they chucked up their guts after consuming too much alcohol.

It was because he cared.

The boys were all glad they had someone to keep them in shape, they definitely would've ended up in some serious trouble without Liam. However, not that they'd tell him, sometimes it got a little on their nerves. The constant, "careful" or "you shouldn't do that" or "we're gonna get in trouble lads". It just became annoying at times, especially when they were all trying to have some fun.

——

The boys were having a break from work, they'd all decided prior the break that they were to do something remotely interesting. Seeing as they were in a different country, due to the concerts they were currently performing, there was a lot of things to see.

Sight seeing was what had been brought up many times by the five. They never really got much of a chance to see the area they visited, so this was a chance to change that routine.

All five were elated to be having this opportunity, and were eager to get going. Zayn has taken up the hobby of photography and carefully packed away his newly brought camera. Louis and Niall took care of any food and drink, and Harry made sure he had his music with him.

Liam, probably the most excited often five, made sure that he was equipped with your usual first aid stuff. There was no knowing what those boys could get up to, always a little trouble, but none of them would change it for the world.

They all hurried to their van, climbing in and quickly closing the doors as the engine started up. Mild chatter erupted between them as they talked about anything in mind and spoke about the things they'd soon see.

The journey wasn't too far away, they only had to be dropped off at the start, then they'd walk their way around.

"Stop hovering, get a move on." Niall called with a smile, beginning the walk away from the others whilst they got situated. "We're not all as energetic as you." Harry mumbled with a small grin, tightening the straps on his back and leaving the smaller group.

So they were off, trailing after one another like ducklings. They could only be thankful that people had yet to recognise them, in fact, the area was almost deserted.

Louis and Zayn eyed up the nearing pile of rocks, you could say that they had a thing for cloning anything in eyesight. It just made things more fun in their opinion.

So they walked quickly, dropping their bags to the floor and moving to climb up the old — possibly fallen building — remains.

Liam watched with fretting eyes, flinching when Louis' foot nearly slipped but he caught himself and burst out in laughter instead. Niall and Harry stood with proud smiles, phones out recording videos and taking pictures. This would be a memory to never forget.

The two climbed as tall as they could, planting themselves on the flatter rock and looking down. Liam was a little nervous, subtly containing his concern.

He could hear the four all laughing about it, but to him it wasn't funny in the slightest. Maybe people would call him uptight or boring, or something of that nature. But he only cared, and he needed to make sure everyone got back in one piece before the next show.