10| Faking sick (Niall)

Sorry for not updating in a while <3

Niall was tired. Niall didn't want to get up and go to work. He felt absolutely drained and needed nothing more then the whole day to himself so he could sleep. So he thought of a plan...

He could hear all the other boys waking up, so he stayed in bed, buried under his blankets. Then he could hear the door open, and footsteps come towards his way. "Niall it's time to get up." He heard Louis say. Niall ignored him, groaning and holding onto his 'aching' stomach. "What's wrong?" Louis asked, watching his supposedly sick friend. "I feel sick." Niall said, trying to sound as poorly and down as he could. "Oh." He heard Louis say, "well I'll tell the boys, then I'll check your temperature." Niall's eyes widened, he hadn't thought past the stage of staying in bed.

Once Louis left to tell the other boys, Niall sat up and tried to think of what he could do to fool the boys. He remembered faking sick when he was younger so that he didn't have to go school, his ideas usually worked. Looking at around his room, he saw his hairdryer. Niall hurried out of bed and shut his bedroom door properly. He blew hot air on his face, trying his best not to make too much noise. His face quickly heated up and he was sure his cheeks were slightly red from the warmth. He turned the hairdryer off and moved it somewhere the boys wouldn't notice.

Niall sat back in bed as he heard footsteps echo throughout the hall. Niall sunk back into his mattress, remembering how he'd laid down before. Louis came back into his bedroom with a thermometer. First Louis pressed a hand to Niall's forehead, "you do feel a bit hot mate, but I'll just double check." He said, motioning for Niall to open his mouth. The thermometer poked the inside of Niall's cheek as he waited for the temperature to show. Finally satisfied, Louis took the instrument from Niall's mouth. "Your temperature looks pretty normal on here, but you do looked a bit flushed." Louis mumbled, looking from the thermometer to Niall. "I'll just see what the boys think." Niall nodded slowly. Trying to act as sluggish as he could, so as if to pull off his sickness act.

As Louis left his bedroom another time, Niall thought time himself for a moment, he needed to persuade them more. He grabbed his cup from his bedside table, he thought he'd be able to fool the boys in thinking he was being physically sick.

Niall left to go to the bathroom, making sure to almost slam the door and lock it so that the boys would hear. Niall filled his cup up with water, moving to sit in front of the toilet. He let out the loudest cough before putting some of the water in his mouth and spitting it back out. It might not have sounded very convincing, but Niall was sure he'd be alright.

"Yeah...he said he felt pretty sick. His face is a bit warm but the thermometer showed he was alright." Louis explained to the boys. They all sat on sofas, listening to Louis tell them about how Niall felt ill. "Maybe he just slept in too many layers and needs something to eat and drink?" Harry said, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah...good point." Liam agreed, checking the time on his watch. "We've got quite a busy day, we need to be leaving in about half an hour really." He told everyone. "Go ask him if he's hungry." Zayn suggested, hand talking a beat against his knee. "Yeah-" Louis begun, but he was cut off by the sound of something coughing rather violently. "Niall..." Liam said, rushing up to run to check on his friend.

Niall heard running towards the bathroom and 'gagged' a few times, before pouring some water into the toilet. Liam banged worriedly on the door, "Niall? Open the door." "No! I don't want any of you to see me like this." Niall told him, forcing another painful cough followed by pouring some more liquid in the toilet. "Niall!" Liam begged, continuously knocking on the door.

Niall stood up quietly and ran the tap only a little so no one would hear it. He splashed some water on his face, focusing on his forehead to make it look like he'd been sweating. Then he rubbed his eyes for a nearly a minute, hoping it would make them look red and watery. Anything to make him look sick.

He flushed the toilet and opened the door slowly, not looking Liam in the eyes. "Oh God, mate..." Liam muttered, taking in the look of Niall's watery eyes and sweaty forehead. He really didn't look well. "How many times were you sick?" Liam asked, placing a hand on Niall's shoulder. He shrugged, hand running through his hair, "jus' a couple times." He whispered, attempting to make his voice sound raw and tired.

"Maybe it's best for you not to work today." Liam told him, and Niall had to hide his smile from showing. "No..no I can work." Niall protested, wanting to seem as if he wanted to be out of the house. "Listen, Niall, you just threw up and you look like shit. I'm sorry but work can wait." Liam said, taking Niall's arm and dragging him back to his lovely warm bed.

Time skip...

The boys had left Niall to sleep, Liam told them about the 'vomiting' and they seemed to believe it. Niall woke up around 2pm, he was pretty hungry. He hadn't eaten anything since the day before. He contemplated getting out of bed to stuff his face, but he didn't want to ruin his act.

Luckily for him, Zayn soon walked into his room, a glass of water and a slice of toast. Nialls eyes watched the toast hungrily as it was set in front of him. "Harry said you might not want it, but we made it just in case." Zayn said, placing the drink and food next to him. Niall sunk back into his bed, shoulders slumping miserably. He desperately wanted to fill his stomach but his brain was telling him to turn it away. "Thankyou...but I don't want it..." Niall told him, hiding under his blankets. "Are you sure? You haven't eaten in a while." Zayn said, moving to pick up the things he'd only just set down. "Yeah..." Niall nodded.

Zayn sighed and walked away from him holding the things he tried to give to his ill friend.

Time skip...

Niall felt hungry, and guilty for lying to the boys for a long time. As much as he loved being able to get extra sleep, he hated Lying to his friends.

So when he left the warmth of his bed to leave to the kitchen, all eyes wondered to the Irish lad. "What're you doing up?" Niall gulped, hands fiddling with the hem of his jumper. "I...uh..." "do you feel sick?" Louis asked, ready to stand up and look after Niall. "No, I'm okay I just wanted to tell you all something." "Go on..." Liam said, wavering his hand. "I'm not actually sick, I was just tired and grumpy. Now I feel bad for lying." Niall rushed, barely getting in a breath. "So, you're not sick?" Zayn asked. Niall shook his head no. "Don't worry about it lad." Louis said, "yeah, we all needed  a day off anyways. Good timing." Harry laughed.

Niall breathed a sigh of relief, laughing nervously. "I'm sure you must be starving." Liam said, "you have no idea." Niall smiled, reaching into the cupboards to pull out some food.

Maybe faking sick wasn't so bad after all...

Hope you enjoyed!