.2.

"Can you quit being such a blanket hog Neville." Nora yelled, it was around midnight and they were going to read together before Neville had to go to the guest room.

"It's not my fault your room is so bloody freezing." he responded, snatching the blanket up over his bare shoulders.

"Alright then maybe if you would put your jumper back on you wouldn't be so cold." Nora responded snatching the blanket back. Neville laughed at this.

"Nor, you know I can't sleep with a jumper on, I get too hot, but if you're so cold why don't you wear it!" Neville called out. Nora felt herself begin to blush, but she got up and grabbed it, slid it on over her t-shirt. She looked up at Neville and suddenly felt ridiculous, the sleeves went past her fingertips and it reached mid-thigh, covering the shorts she was wearing.

"Cute." They heard someone say from behind them, Nora turned around quickly and saw her dad standing in the doorway.
"I figured since you two were still up you would fancy a snack?" He added showing them the plate covered in chocolate frogs, Neville jumped up off the bed nodding vigourously. Adam laughed at the two teenagers and handed the plate to Neville.

Neville happily sat down and Adam pulled his daughter aside.
"Nora, darling, if I didnt know any better I'd think you like Neville?" he chuckled, Nora felt her face begin to grow warm.

"Wha- dad no, why would y-" she started, her dad cut her off with a hug and said,
"Hey, he's a great kid so if you two ever start dating, I mean I will threaten him of course but, I'm sure he'd treat you well. You two should get some sleep soon, I love you." He whispered, kissing her forehead and walking away, leaving her completely shocked and frozen in the hallway.

"Hey, Nora, you alright?" Neville asked coming out into the hallway and handing Nora a chocolate frog. She smiled up at him.
"Yeah, yeah i'm good, did you pick out the book yet?" She rushed, grabbing the chocolate frog and taking a bite.

They went back into the room, Neville sat up on the bed and Nora laid her head on the pillow facing him, she had the sleeves balled up in her hand and close to her face. He started reading, holding the book in one hand and eventually taking the other and playing with her hair. Once he noticed her starting to fall asleep, he softened his voice and kept reading.

After a few short minutes, Nora, still asleep moved a bit and put her head on Nevilles chest, wrapping her arm around his torso and he felt himself beginning to blush, he sat there, playing with her hair and humming softly to himself for a good while before fun all getting up and moving to the guest room across the hall.

That night he fell asleep with a smile on his face, and dreamt of her, a rather odd dream, where they were old and surrounded by children and plants, but a good one nonetheless.

    The next morning, Nora rolled over yawning, the spot where Neville had been that night was empty and inhaled the scent on the sweater she was wearing,  blushing slightly she got up, changing only her shorts and sliding on a pair of comfortable leggings, throwing her hair up into a bun and heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

   She couldn't help but peak into the guest room where Neville had slept, she saw that it was empty and thought maybe he had just left early, when she suddenly felt a hand grab her shoulder and she jumped. Whoever had grabbed her had burst into laughter and was now on the floor, she turned around and it was Neville, in a pair of sweatpants and an old
t-shirt.

    Blushing furiously she turned her head and darted quickly to the bathroom where just to her luck, he was headed as well.
    "I helped your dad start breakfast, he says it should be done soon, and, are you feeling okay? You're rather red here," Neville said feeling her forehead with the back of his hand.
    "Merlin you're hot." He said, looking down at Nora. She choked on the toothpaste looking up at him quickly.
   "I'm what-" she said.
   "Burning up, like a fever." he said, looking at her eyes riddled with confusion. Once they finished brushing their teeth, they both walked downstairs.

    "Goodmorning sleepyhead, are you feeling alright darling?" Adam said walking over to
his daughter who's face was bright red.
    "Yes, yes dad i'm fine, i'm alright." She sighed, looking up at him. "Just hungry." she finished, looking up at her dad, and Neville who were both eyeing her carefully.

    They watched her long after they finished breakfast and finally, Nora walked upstairs, grabbed the letter she had written for Hermione the day before and tied it to her owls leg, and sent it off.

"Hey love, Neville went back to his place, are you sure you're feeling alright?" her dad asked,  washing dishes while Nora wiped off the table and the counters.

    "Yeah I just, I don't know, I had a weird dream about Neville last night and it freaked me out a bit, and when I saw him this morning I thought he had already left so he scared me." She said laughing a bit at how ridiculous she sounded, he gave her a knowing look and turned around smiling to himself as he finished  the dishes.

    "So, wanna tell me about the dream?" He asked, Nora froze on the spot and turned a bit red, how was she supposed to tell her dad that she dreamt that her and her best friend were old, in love and surrounded by children of their own and their grandchildren?

    "Mm nope, no i'm fine." She said forcing a cough.

    "Alright sweetheart, but he had a dream about you too and, are you blushing right now? And here you are saying you don't fancy him." He laughed, helping her wipe down the counters. She ignored this comment and continued cleaning up. At around 4pm, Neville and his Gran stopped by inviting Nora to go to Diagon Alley with them and of course, she agreed.

    While they were there, they ran into Hermione who noticed Nora wearing Nevilles Jumper and pulled her to the side to question her.

    "He left it at my house last night thats all, and no, he didn't sleep in my room, he slept in the guest room." Nora said, Hermione laughed at how flustered her friend was and they walked into the book store hand in hand.

     After about 4 hours of shopping Neville, Nora, and Hermione all went to grab something to eat, then went their seperate ways, Hermione to go back to her parents, and Neville and Nora to find Nevilles Gran.

    Once they caught up with her, they went back via floo, and Nora walked the short 3 minutes walk back to her house, where her dad was waiting with a movie on the T.V. freshly made popcorn, and warm tea.

    They sat there until around 10pm when Nora went up to bed. Another wonderful day in the books. This night she didn't dream of Neville, instead she dreamt of flying on a broom having the time of her life, and when she woke up the next morning, she hopped downstairs and made breakfast, her dad was still asleep so she made the table, made him some coffee and herself some lemonade, and walked upstairs to wake him up.

     That morning they ate together, and Adam told his daughter that he met someone, while Nora was out with Neville, and he would be going on a date with her after Nora left for school. She tried her best to be happy for him, but it was still a bit soon to her, the loss of her mom was still fresh, though she probably would never get over that.